iPad is turned off frequently with no reason?!!

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by tkhiem, Jun 6, 2010.

1. tkhiem macrumors newbie

tkhiem

My iPad was just unreasonably turned off quite frequently. After being off, I just can't turn it on for about 5 minutes. I had to try quite a few combination (Sleep/wake + Home, Sleep/wake alone) for a few times before I can turn it back on.

This problem has been occuring for nearly 3 to 4 days and I have just purchased it on the 2-June.

I don't know what's goin on with it :(. It was jailbroken (Spirit) on the same day I bought it. I havnt installed much on it, just SBsetting and a few application.

What should I do? Should I just restore it back to the original firmware then re-jailbreak it?

Thanks in advance for your advice,

P.S: I have posted this question in someone's thread before, but due to the increasing times of the device that is being turned off, I am getting more worried :(...

2. PoisonScorpion macrumors member

Restore and see if your problem goes away. If it does, jail break.

If your problem continues do a restore and then go to an Apple Store.

3. Grilloman macrumors newbie

Hi it happened me once, The cause was atomic browser it just cause a general crash.

4. tkhiem thread starter macrumors newbie

tkhiem

After a fresh restore to 3.2 and re-jailbreak, the error (still) seems to occur a bit less often than before.

This time, if I hold Home + Sleep/wake for 10 seconds, then the device will start up!
    It does not happy as much, I removed SBsetting this time. All I left on my iPad were Pages, ReaddlesDocs, NFSShift, Keynotes, DrugMePro, RealRacing, iMeds, IM+ and Labyrinth.

What is wrong with it :(... so sad now

5. tkhiem thread starter macrumors newbie

tkhiem

How did yours happen? DId you restore it and rejailbreak it?

6. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

I'd consider restoring to stock 3.2 and returning.

7. tkhiem thread starter macrumors newbie

tkhiem

Yea, I think so too :(.
    Since I dont have many experience with returning stock, what do you think will be the best reason for me to tell the seller. Since the device is still usable, still can turn on, only turned off frequently, so when I show him my iPad, its sure in ON mode.

Thanks

8. tkhiem thread starter macrumors newbie

tkhiem

I brought it to Myer :apple: (SA, Australia) (where I bought it) this morning, 13th June 10, and asked them for a replace, but they said I would need to have the Case (Confirmation) number from Apple in order for them to arrange an exchange or refund, etc. Do you guys think that's reasonable?

What should I do now? It's sunday and I just can't ring Apple.

Can anyone please give me some advices about this issue, really appreciate your help. :(