Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

I'mAMac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 28, 2006
In a Mac box
Camera in iPad?

Might be nothing but would be pretty cool if they included it in the 2nd gen. Anyone seen any info on when a 2nd gen will be arriving. I've heard anywhere from this September to sometime in 2011:rolleyes:

pondie84

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2008
Sometime in 2011 sounds like a good guess ;)

They will likely call it 'Face Time' (awful name in my opinion) but I think a camera is a good possibility, no matter what the naysayers on here say. Personally I won't use a camera whenever it's included, but I hazard to guess others might.

I'mAMac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 28, 2006
In a Mac box
Sometime in 2011 sounds like a good guess ;)

They will likely call it 'Face Time' (awful name in my opinion) but I think a camera is a good possibility, no matter what the naysayers on here say. Personally I won't use a camera whenever it's included, but I hazard to guess others might.

I probably would use it to video chat and all that but I think a better option would be to just take pictures with it and edit them on that awesome screen. I assume if they implement a camera, they will put one front for face time and one on back for pics.

j3yq

macrumors 6502
Dec 16, 2007
Iowa
I like how that article says that some claims to have seen a cam on mr. Jobs iPad. That would be very hard to see!

Meever

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2009
I like how that article says that some claims to have seen a cam on mr. Jobs iPad. That would be very hard to see!

It's in the keynote video. Job's version of the iPad appeared to have a camera or a little hole for one at least. A lot of blogs have done break downs and close ups of the keynote videos and what not.

I'mAMac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 28, 2006
In a Mac box
It's in the keynote video. Job's version of the iPad appeared to have a camera or a little hole for one at least. A lot of blogs have done break downs and close ups of the keynote videos and what not.

Yeah Ive seen a few of those and some people just think it is an ambient light sensor for the screen but apple's sensors are always off-center on their devices.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.