iPad ipad issue or yosemite not sure??

Discussion in 'iPad' started by blondee028, Nov 10, 2014.

1. blondee028 macrumors member

Since upgrading to Yosemite on my imac,,I think it has something to the hand off thing not sure.. But since then I have been having issues on my wifi on ipad..Imac is hard wired in. Everytime I try to play a utube video or watch a movie on ipad the wifi promptly goes out and I have to do a hard reboot to get it back. Before Yosemite I had no problems. Its not the wifi. I went into system prefrences >general>unchecked hand off on the imac. to see if it helps but no luck..Is anyone else having this problem???help?? Oh yeah ipad only a year old

2. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

I don't see how I could be Yosemite but it's weird that this happened right after updating. Did you clear your safari cache and do a reset network settings on the iPad? That's worth a try. You'll have to re enter the wifi credentials and all that again but many times that can help when wifi gets funky.

3. blondee028 thread starter macrumors member

s2mikey

I did a network reset a couple of days ago. I will clear cache and do it again to see if it helps. I am using Netgear WGR614v4..Its about 8 years old. I have my tv, ipad and iphone that connects to it without problems. It does get a little warm but don't they all? I have a NetgearN300 work and play here still in box..Tried to change it out yesterday to check it. I couldn't get it connected I must be doing something wrong. I remember when I did the other one it took me forever to figure out how to secure it. So I put the old one back on. Actually I didn't know which Netgear was the better of the two.