IPAD Issue

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by Gordond, Nov 17, 2010.

1. Gordond macrumors newbie

I have an IPAD that a friend of mine decided to Jailbreak with Limera1n without my permission. Before I make him buy me a new IPAD can someone answer a couple of quesions.
    1. Does this have to be removed before the new OS upgrade?
    2. Can it be removed and how?

I am not a technical when it come to computer so please bare with me.

:(

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Just restore it from iTunes. Upgrading the firmware would also remove the jailbreak.

3. Gordond thread starter macrumors newbie

How do I upgrade firmware , sorry if its a stupid question

4. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

When the new firmware is released, you get a popup asking if you want to upgrade, and you answer yes. I just mentioned it, because you asked if the jailbreak needed to be removed from your iPad before you upgrade, and the answer is no, because the act of upgrading itself removes the jailbreak.

5. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

No reason to be dramatic asking him to buy you a new iPad, he did't break it (IMO he improve it, but that's me). Just connect to itunes, click "sync", Lets the iPad Backup (as it does normally every time you sync), after it finish, click "restore", follow the instructions on the screen, After it finish it restore form the backup (with your name on it) and that's all. You got you same Lame and boring un jail broken iPad back.

to answer some of your question, No it doesn't "have" to be remove before the next release (it will be remove when you upgrade if you op to keep it JB until the 4.2 comes out).

6. Gordond thread starter macrumors newbie

thank you for the help in understanding , so the JB was not a bad thing after all, I can mutitask which I need to do. Should I just wait on an upgrade to the jail break I have now so I can get the additional items that the new release will have. Airport and Printing?

7. Jestered macrumors 6502

Yes.

When the new iOS comes out, you need to wait until there is a jailbreak for it before performing the iOS update. As everyone has already said, if you update the iOS before a jailbreak for it is released, you will lose the jailbreak and will not get it back until the new jailbreak is released.

It's rumored that there is already a jailbreak ready to be released, so it shouldn't be long at all once the iOS update is released before the jailbreak for it is also released.

8. linrey, Nov 22, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2010

linrey macrumors newbie

linrey

I used the Spirit jailbreak and was instructed to save the SHSH blobs from the original firmware to restore to the original non-jailbroken firmware before Apple/iTunes would accept the iPad for formal restoration or upgrade.

Is this correct?

9. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

SHSH is used if you want to downgrade to older firmware. There's no need to go back to unjailbroken firmware before updating a jailbroken iPad. You just click "update" or "restore" in iTunes.