ipad + itunes match

Discussion in 'iPad' started by aoaaron, Mar 25, 2012.

1. aoaaron macrumors 6502

how does this work? where has my local content gone?

basically i dropped the 20 or so on iTunes match in hope that i could store 30% of my stuff locally then the rest which i would rarely need, grab off the air. however after enabling match, now all i can see is my iTunes match library!

any hints/tips please?

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Match erases the content from the iPhone / iPad. You have to download it by hitting the cloud button next to the song.

3. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

Once you have stuff on there, there's a toggle under the music settings to have it show everything, or just what's locally stored on the device.

4. aoaaron thread starter macrumors 6502

so i have to download whatever i want from the iTunes match server?

surely just a local sync is easier than having to do that?

I'm starting to think this iTunes match was a waste of money...

i wanted to be able to locally sync my music and then have available additional tracks which i couldn't be bothered to via the cloud.

5. GraphicsGeek macrumors 6502a

You either sync or you use iTunes Match. If you use iTunes Match just go and download which songs/albums you want on your iPad through the Music app instead of through iTunes on your computer.

6. aoaaron thread starter macrumors 6502

7. GraphicsGeek macrumors 6502a

Why? You can add music to your iPad wherever you have an Internet connection without having to be at home to sync it. It works great for me.

8. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

You only have to do the download once - and it is the same as a sync. I don't see what the problem is, especially if you have the music in a playlist. Scroll to the bottom and hit Download All.