iPad + iTunes Store

Discussion in 'iPad' started by baconroll, Jul 9, 2011.

1. baconroll macrumors member

Hi - I downloaded two apps last night from the iTunes store for my iPad 1. My iPad wasn't connected to my Mac, but when I checked later, the apps were on my iPad. I thought this was a feature of IOS 5. I've only had the iPad less than a week - purchased from Apple online (refurbished model). IOS installed is 4.3.3. It's not Jailbroken or anything. Also - I added an item to my watchlist on the eBay App - and this morning I had a notification on my lock screen telling me my item was ending soon. I'm not going mad or anything and I'm not complaining - but how is this possible?

2. DefBref macrumors 6502

Syncing music, apps and books was added recently, just after the WWDC keynote, if I recall correctly. Check your settings for the store if you don't want this to happen.

The amazon app (and lots of apps) has push notifications, so it will tell you when things have happened or need attention. Again you can change how notifications work in settings.

3. Mr.C macrumors 601

Your post doesn't really make sense. You said you downloaded a couple of apps on theq iPad and later they were on the iPad. Of course if your iPad was connected to your Wi-Fi then when you download apps on to it they will appear on it. That doesn't have to do with whether it was connected to your Mac or not.

4. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

The didn't say he downloaded apps ON the iPad, he said FOR the iPad.

5. Mr.C macrumors 601

So he did. Sorry I misread.

6. baconroll thread starter macrumors member

Thank you DefBref. I see the setting now and for push notifications.

7. Apple 26.2 Contributor

Apple 26.2

I'll venture a guess and say it was ON the iPad FOR the iPad :)