Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

slope

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 15, 2009
Found an odd bug in iTunes in the iPad the other day. I thought I would see how the Genius in movies could show me movie possibilities.

After hitting the "More" link/button twice to see how many movies it would recommend, I then checked one in the last couple if rows. I used the preview option to see the trailer, but after the preview was over and I was taken back to the movie info window and I clicked outside of it to close it and go back to the genius recommendations.... I noticed that the Featured, Top Chart and Genius tabs were gone from the top of the window, and I only had the first group of genius recommends.

I tried everything to reset iTunes to get them back. I don't consider the iTunes genius to have a great IQ, and was not looking forward to seeing that every time I looked at movies. Rebooted, logout of the iTunes account in Settings (that option does not log you out from what I saw) and nothing seems to remedy the situation.

So tried to recreate this issue in podcasts, and it did exactly the same thing, BUT the funny thing is that now In movies, I am back to Features with the additional tabs. So now I have moved the issue from movies to podcasts.

Has anybody else experienced this, and how did you fix it?

Matthew Yohe

macrumors 68020
Oct 12, 2006
Kill the app.

Hold the power button and when the "shut down" message appears, hold the home button until iTunes dies.

slope

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 15, 2009
That's seemed to do it. I hard forgotten about that option.

Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.