Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SaddleSC

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 9, 2010
I assumed that I would be able to import spreadsheets created in Numbers and documents created in Pages from my MacBook Pro, to my iPad. I still use iWork 08.

I am told that the files are not compatible until I upgrade to iWork 09. I certainly understand why files created in the new version on the iPad may not be compatible with the older version on the desktop, but I am very disappointed to find out that I cannot open the older files on the iPad.

I was waiting for iWork 10 to be released before upgrading and now I think I may have to upgrade to iWork 09 just to be able to use the iPad apps. Does anybody know any workarounds or know when iWork 10 is rumored to be released? Thanks

Bodhi395

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2008
Strange that they don't work.

Could you export the files from your Pages app into Word format, and then open them in Pages on the iPad, since it supports Word files?

Alrescha

macrumors 68020
Jan 1, 2008
Does anybody know any workarounds or know when iWork 10 is rumored to be released?

I have successfully exported iWork '08 spreadsheets to xls (Excel) and imported them into Numbers on the iPad.

I think it's ridiculous that Pages and Numbers on the iPad can't handle files from previous versions of iWork.

A.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.