iPad Jailbreak on 9.2 downgraded to 9.1

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by asdfTT123, Jul 13, 2010.

1. asdfTT123 macrumors regular

Hi all,

I got a brand new 32GB 3G iPad last week but I have iTunes 9.2 on my Windows machine. I've already hooked up the iPad and registered and synced it with this machine. Would it be possible for me to uninstall 9.2 and get a version of 9.1 and install that? Would this cause any implications with syncing my current apps and content? Also, would this allow me to JB even though my iPad has currently been synced with 9.2?

Also, I own a Macbook Pro with a version of iTunes that hasn't been upgraded in like a month - likely to be 9.1 I think. Can I sync it on there and JB from my Macbook? Will I retain all of my apps and content or will syncing with a new machine delete everything?

Thanks.

2. nixiemaiden macrumors 6502a

I did the same thing. The only thing is that I had to re-add all of my content folders into the library in 9.1.1 before my final sync because it kept throwing an error that my library was created in a newer version of itunes.

So if you have problems syncing in 9.1.1, create a new library and add all of the files back into it.

3. asdfTT123 thread starter macrumors regular

Many thanks for your reply! How exactly do you create the new library?