iPad Jailbreak & Warranty.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by billyjoegibsonx, Aug 4, 2010.

1. billyjoegibsonx macrumors 6502

Hey there,

Just a question. I did a jailbreak on my iPad 3.2.1 using the Jailbreakme.com site, and I know this voids warranty. I did a restore on my iPad from a backup. The thing is when I plugged my iPad in to sync with iTunes i got a message saying something like "Would you like to send anonymous information about your device to Apple, to help us with future updates" and I clicked on more details and it opened Console and there was all this text and I noticed "Springboard" which is a Jailbreak app or something.

Now that I've restored my iPad to normal (no jailbreak), and say something happened to my iPad that required me to take it to the Genius bar, would they know that I had previously did a jailbreak? I know that if you restore, your iPad goes back to the way it was when you bought it and theres no way for them to really know if it's been jailbroken unless they ask you and you tell them truthfully. But with this diagnostic information that's being sent to Apple, will they know this way?

2. Zcott macrumors 68020

Don't worry - after a restore they won't know that you've ever jail broken your device. The Springboard you mention is the name for the home screen, so it's not a jailbreak app, it's just the iPhone's "desktop".

3. JAWWC macrumors regular

I think "Springboard" is just the name for the iOS home screen (I THINK).
    And I don't think they can tell that you have previously jailbroken your iPad.

4. billyjoegibsonx thread starter macrumors 6502

Oh alright! Thanks :)

I just worried a bit cause I mind using something called "Springboard" or something like that and thought that this information would be sent to apple.

I don't know how to use/understand Console, so yeah explains it all :eek:

5. TheBritishBloke macrumors 68030

TheBritishBloke

Yeah springboard itself is just the home screen. If you pull the icons slightly and let go you see they spring back into place lol.

Just say no to that anyway. I never do any of that rubbish. Only use Genius for music and films lol.