iPad Jailbreak

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by Techhie, Apr 3, 2010.

1. Techhie macrumors 65816

Techhie

Now that the sun is setting on the iPad's first day, it's time to concentrate on two very important issues at hand:

1. First off and most obviously, the lack of a jailbreak solution for the device. You may say "It's much to early!" Maybe so, but must I bring up the swiftness of the Dev Team's progresses following a new product launch? (In some cases, even before the product was commercially released.) It may take them time to interpret the new OS, especially considering it is working with vastly different components, however I suspect some word from them within the next week or so.

2. Because of the nature and increased power of the iPad itself, where will the non-Apple developers take it from here? To many it seems as if the iPad was crippled from the get go, with its OS mirroring that of the iPhone, however we must realize that this is a temporary limitation. With the help of a little hacking, the device can be made to resemble some of the illustrious expectations unfulfilled by Apple so far.

There has been some word that solutions made for OS 3.2 may be applicable to the iPad, but no tests have been conducted (in the public eye.)

I guess only time will tell?

2. n00neimp0rtant macrumors newbie

You forgot #3

3. Exactly which manpurse should I get to carry it around with me?