Ipad jailbreak

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by rammyindia, Jul 11, 2010.

1. rammyindia macrumors newbie

Hi, i have a jailbroken ipod touch(from itunes 9.1) and an unjailbroken ipad & use win xp..
    I have upgraded to itunes 9.2 and then read about not applying jailbreak in this ver.
    I have synced both my ipod touch(with app sync) and ipad to itunes 9.2 and downloaded ibooks with pdf support to itunes 9.2 & my unjailbroken ipad and synced my pdf’s on the ipad along with other free and paid apps and mobileme…
    I want to jailbreak my ipad.. Can i downgrade from 9.2 to 9.1 and sync to 9.1 and apply jailbreak? Should i do it after using ibooks with pdf on my ipad? What all will i be loosing from both of my idevices on doing so? Or should i simply wait for the upgraded jailbreak to arrive before doing anything else jailibreak side…???
    Also, if i have itunes 9.1 on another system running win xp, then will it be ok if i sync my ipad to that and apply jailbreak on that system and later sync to my main laptop with my itunes library running itunes 9.2 or a downgraded itunes 9.1?
    Appriciate your help…..

2. rammyindia thread starter macrumors newbie

I saw this, but couldn't find much legit users or reviews.. Wanted to stick to the original spirit jailbreak or wait it out for the 9.2 supported release.. Can you confirm that this is not screwing up anything??
    Don't wanna do anything stupid wid my shiny new ipad... :) but still, thanks for the suggestion.. Any more help will be great...

3. Geoff. macrumors 6502

Geoff.

I've seen a few people confirm it's working heck i've even seen people say they've jailbroken with spirit on 9.2.

I can't confirm myself it's working as I synced my new iPad with my old desktop pc running iTunes 9.1 when I firstly got it and then later jailbroke it before syncing with the updated iTunes on my Mac just be 100% safe.

I think you google around for topics on the unofficial fix and see how others found it but I'm pretty sure it's working ok.

4. rammyindia thread starter macrumors newbie

So,you say i'll be good if i restore my ipad on my desktop running 9.1 on win xp and sync on it and jailbreak my ipad on that system and later sync on updated itunes 9.2 on another system on win xp...?? My syncing on 9.2 later won't effect my ipad or jailbreak in any way?
    Also did you added pdf reading in ibooks in your jailbroken ipad from Itunes 9.2? Me counting much on that function...
    Thanks again for helping out.. :)

5. Geoff. macrumors 6502

Geoff.

I don't think that syncing on iTunes 9.2 will be a problem. I think restoring on the computer with iTunes 9.1 and setting up as new iPad then jailbreaking is the best option just to be on the safe side, then you can sync to iTunes 9.1.

Edit : No sorry I don't use iBooks but I'm sure that won't be a problem once your jailbroken you can sync to iTunes 9.2 fine