iPad jailbreaking, complete tomfoolery?

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by Robster606, Oct 24, 2010.

1. Robster606 macrumors newbie

Robster606

So i've already jailbroken my iPod touch and my iPhone. But I don't know whether to jailbreak my iPad? It's just so precious and amazing. Would it be worth it, like is there anything that will blow my mind after iPad has been jail broken? :D

2. johndoe588 macrumors regular

Mine was jailbroken within 10 minutes after coming out of the box. Go ahead, give it a try, for lots of the same reasons you did your phone. Categories, Lockinfo, iFile, SBsettings, on and on. The iPad is nice as it is, but can be made better.

John B.

3. tempusfugit macrumors 65816

backgrounder is especially useful in the pre-4.2 era... :D

4. SA22C macrumors regular

I've been running the various 4.2 betas since they have been released and I don't miss the jailbreak apps at all. The double-click task-switching works great and performance is snappy. Unless I have a real hankering for emulators or old SCUMM games, I'm pretty sure that the iPad will remain unjailbroken.

I'll still jailbreak the iPhone though. I don't want to be without MyWi.

5. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

Like others, my iPad was jailbroken with jailbreakme.com within 10 minutes of home arrival. I may think a lot harder about whether I'll jailbreak again once 4.2 comes out. Right now on 3.x I love having backgrounder, last app, and categories, but that will be less necessary with task switching on 4.2.

I will ALWAYS have a jailbroken iPhone though...too much richness to be had there!