iPad jumps back to home screen after app install... How to stop?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by SR71, Mar 18, 2012.

1. SR71 macrumors 68000

When I download apps from the app store it always puts me back to the home screen. How do I keep it from doing this?

2. matbook101 macrumors 6502

matbook101

*sigh*

3. brand macrumors 601

brand

It is working as designed and there is not an option the keep it from happening.

4. pettifogger06 macrumors member

This is one of those inexplicably annoying features of Apple products. I love them and give them money, but find it utterly stupid. However, I'm sure you'll shortly be barraged for questioning it, so I apologize in advance.

5. jamesarm97 macrumors 65816

Same here. I don't always do the upgrade all and only want to upgrade a few important ones (low bandwidth) and hate tapping one, then pressing home then tapping app store and starting all over. Why do I care to see it install, I will go run the app when it is done.

Another issues (that was finally fixed) that has annoyed me from day one and Apple did not stick to their own ui guidance was the app store scrolling between pages. You had to click the little arrows in the corners to change pages and I was always finding myself trying to scroll left or right. But they did finally fix it years later.

6. SR71 thread starter macrumors 68000

I thought I read an article the other day saying that along with the update to the App Store, iPads wouldn't be forced to the home screen when installing/downloading an app.

7. NikFinn macrumors 6502a

NikFinn

I remember reading this too, although I'm not sure how to toggle the option.

8. doboy macrumors 68000

It's really annoying especially when I selectively update. Weird thing is when you re-download from "Purchased" section, it doesn't kick you out. I hope they implement this soon for rest of the sections.

9. Cloysterpeteuk macrumors member

I hate it as well, every damn time I update app I'm back to the home screen and what with it asking for my damn password so often. Stupid inefficient store, it's really crap tbh, it's slow as hell, everything is laid out badly, the categories are so basic, the main app pages aren't even retina quality and the info on the app pages are utterly terrible.

Instead of allowing us to download a demo of the app what do we get?, a few few stupid pictures how does that help?, since when is the app a static product?. At worst we should get a full hd video of the app in operation, seems completely ridiculous when I have to leave iTunes to go to YouTube to find out whether the app is any good or not.

10. emgoodman macrumors regular

You've discovered, IMHO, the one feature of the Android OS that is better than IOS.

It always seem strange that my IOS devices would pull me out of the App Store immediately after purchasing something. You would think they'd want to keep you in there so you can keep hitting those purchase buttons.

11. Cloysterpeteuk macrumors member

They fixed it badly, they should have kept the vertical layout which looked much better and just let you scroll down to release another fifty apps to view. Have you noticed just how far you have to actually swipe to view more apps in the present system?, they trained us with photos etc as to how far to swipe to move things on then with this you suddenly need to do gigantic jarring swipes to see more apps.

12. j0nblayz macrumors member

j0nblayz

you can install previous bought/installed apps by going to your purchases tab and it doesn't send you back to homepage