Ipad just a start for Defense Department?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by bjmach, Mar 6, 2012.

1. bjmach macrumors 6502

I got to thinking, I have been in the Air Force for 18 yrs. I'm a network administrator and the only thing ever used has been windows machines. Now that the Air Force is embracing the Ipad I'm wondering if this is just a start. I heard the Army/Navy is testing use of the Ipad as well. When you think about it, it is amazing that Apple is such a huge company and they practically only sell to consumers. There are no goverment contracts, big businesses that use Apple throughout their organizations. I'm hoping the Ipad in the hands of more people that use microsoft on a daily basis open the door to maybe someday IMACS and Macbooks being adopted. Can't tell you how refreshing it is to work all day with windows machines and come home to an Imac and Ipad. You would think the security of OS X and the Apple Ecosystem would be prime from a security standpoint and I would think cost would be cheaper in the long run. These HP and Dell machines are crap.

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Wrong. A number of large corporations use Apple products.

Most attacks these days are platform-independent social engineering attacks.

This has been discussed over and over; Apple's business model makes it impossible for most corporate IT departments to embrace them. No high-level SLAs to compete with the Wintel companies, for example.