Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bufffilm

Suspended
May 3, 2011
m6255,

Almost invariably the problem is either the cable or the charger. You've tried several replacements, but are genuine Apple products?

Take the iPad to an Apple Store and plug in there.

Gthervey

macrumors newbie
May 20, 2018
m6255,

Almost invariably the problem is either the cable or the charger. You've tried several replacements, but are genuine Apple products?

Take the iPad to an Apple Store and plug in there.

I have two iPads, both pro, one large, one standard size. Both started giving me the “ not charging” message. I am using genuine Apple charging bricks and cables. I switched after the third party cables started giving me that message. I have tried different outlets. I have rebooted both machines. Nothing works.

applebites

macrumors newbie
Jun 3, 2018
I have a brand new iPad Pro. I have this problem with the Apple pencil as well as the iPad itself. All cables, adapters, etc. are Apple products. I haven’t noticed that the charging stops at any particular percentage, but I’ll keep a lookout for it. If anyone comes up with a solution, I’m listening. (Apple Store is at least two hours away.)

Edit: I suspect a poor fit inside the lightning port, where the device meets with the cable/pencil.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.