iPad keeps downloading something...

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jshannon01, Jan 25, 2015.

1. jshannon01 macrumors member

jshannon01

How do I find out exactly what is downloading on my ipad mini?

As soon as wifi is turned on it is downloading and making the device unusable. I have a slow dsl connection and want to stop whatever is downloading. I have been through every setting to try and stop it but it wont stop.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

What makes you think it's downloading something? What app are you referring to?

3. Natzoo macrumors 65816

Natzoo

This should help "https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6036242"

"If restart and reset don't solve this problem then something must be being started when your iPhone starts up that cannot complete.

You might consider restoring your iPhone to Factory via iTunes."

4. jshannon01 thread starter macrumors member

jshannon01

Because the modem lights indicate it is downloading and other pages won't load.

----------

I think it is autoupdating something but I need an app or setting that allows me to know exactly what processes are going on.

5. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

How many apps do you have on your iPad?

The only way to find the culprit might be to open each app and check to see if it's downloading something.

6. jshannon01 thread starter macrumors member

jshannon01

Night Spring, not many...less than 20. I hardly use it. My best guess is it may be downloading iOS 8 even though it does not say it is on the update page. Been there, seen that. I will take it to work and let it finish downloading on a fast dsl line.