iPad mini iPad keeps on disconnecting from wifi :S

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Dita.h, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Dita.h macrumors newbie

Ok so heres the thing. I just updated my ipad mini and ipod touch 5th gen and they both run on ios 6.1.3. I bought the ipod in january and ipad in february this year.

I have had this problem since the beginning. Most of the time when i try to watch a video on youtube or gorillavid/daclip etc, my wifi disconnects. Its getting really annoying. I have tried resetting. Changing the channel on my router. Renewing the lease etc. What can i do? Im just really hoping its a problem with the wifi router :confused:

2. TJ61 macrumors 6502a

This appears to be a known issue; in fact, I chatted with a gentleman at the Apple Store last night who was in for this very reason. Bottom line: take it in for replacement. But, before that, take some steps to diagnose the problem (see thread). This will speed up the return process.

Regards,
    Tom

3. RlhousewifeofOK macrumors newbie

Mini issues

Tom, they told you to get a replacement. Boo, the last thing I want to do. I got my Mini in December and lately, it's booting me off or 'can't find server', roughly every hour. Today it's been so terrible that I'm actually using my iPad 1...thank goodness I held on to it! I've tried resetting the router and it's channels, along with everything else that I could find. Nothing helps, it seems to be getting WORSE.

My question is this: is this an IOS issue? Is it a Mini issue? Or a combo of both? I think if it was IOS, one of the constant upgrades should have resolved it....and Apple has been saying that the IOS upgrades should fix it, every time a new one appears. If it's an issue with the Mini, or both...how will getting another Mini fix it. Or have they discovered what the internal issue is, and fixed the new ones? That must be it, or it wouldn't make sense to just return it for a new one? Right?

I keep going that the newest IOS upgrade will automagically just fix the entire thing, and I won't have to replace the whole thing! I guess that's not going to happen though, eh? :(