iPad keeps shutting down.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by mesogreat, Jun 8, 2012.

1. mesogreat macrumors member

I've noticed for the last few nights that when I wake up my iPad is dead. I have one of the new iPads. I then try to turn it back on and it will not come back on Intil I do a hard reset. For all of my life I always left the TV on when going to bed. The new iPad became my regular TV to leave on when I went to sleep at night. But now it's dead when I wake up. Does anyone have an idea why this is happening and possibly what I can do to make it not happen again.

2. Rodster macrumors 68040

If you are using your iPad as a TV and it's on my guess is the battery drained? Why don't you plug in your iPad and use it normally as your TV player. If it's fine in the morning then it's an indication your battery drained and the iPad turned off.

3. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

i think hes talking about why does he have to do a hard reset to get it to come back on?

4. mesogreat thread starter macrumors member

Sorry I wasn't clear. Ive been doing this with my gen 1 from the beginning of the iPad. So I have a routine of plugging it in every night. To be clear this is not a battery issue. I wake up I try to turn it on. I realize it's dead. I hard reboot and it has 100% juice left. So something happens before morning that makes my iPad power down.

5. Rodster macrumors 68040

OK I see what you're saying. I would try resetting your iPad settings that way you won't lose any data and see if that helps. Besides doing a restore the only thing I can think of is calling Apple support and see if they have any other ideas.