iPad key click

Discussion in 'iPad' started by TheShinyMac, Mar 25, 2011.

1. TheShinyMac macrumors 6502a

TheShinyMac

Does iOS 4.3 change the keyboard clicks on my iPad? The keyboard sounds echoed. I noticed it today I updated a fee days ago. Is it just my speakers? I thought I heard echoing from my music too....

2. v66jack macrumors 6502a

v66jack

Do you have an iPad 2? If you put the iPad on a table or flat surface the sound is very different too if you just hold it, because the speaker is on the back.

3. TheShinyMac thread starter macrumors 6502a

TheShinyMac

Nope this is iPad 1. I can easily hear this echo while typing this post while having music play at 4 notches at volume level

4. belwood macrumors newbie

I didn't hear any difference after upgrading my iPad 1 to 4.3; but yesterday, after my daughter was playing games for two hrs, a keyboard click echo was distinct -- like a double click. However, after rebooting, it's back to single clicks.

5. TheShinyMac thread starter macrumors 6502a

TheShinyMac

That is exactly what I was experiencing. A double click. Mine has dissapeared. I do remember doing a hard reset but Im not sure if it was before or after 4.3 update. so im going to say it went away on its own.

6. Joshi83 macrumors newbie

I have this happening right now.
    Iv noticed it on a number of occasions, but haven't been able to pin point what causes it.
    Iv been using the iPad all morning as normal, but just woke it up to google something and Wham, double click sound on every tap.

I had this happening before iOS 4.3 too. In fact I think I remember it happening before iOS 4.0 just not 100% sure.

If I leave the iPad for a while, it will go away.
    I think it's just a weird random bug, but annoying when typing really quickly lol.

7. Joshi83 macrumors newbie

Woah, never noticed that before, it's not just the keyboard clicks that double, I just locked the iPad and it doubled the lock sound too.
    Same when unlocking.
    Seems to be any sound is reverberating?

8. Andy Jensen macrumors newbie

The "keyboard click echo" happened to me on my iPad 1 twice in the past two days. It has never happened before in my 4 months of ownership. A power off fixes it, at least temporarily.