iPad keyboard in landscape typing mode...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by onthecouchagain, Mar 31, 2012.

1. onthecouchagain macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

Anybody else think the keyboard when in full landscape mode should mimic the regular desktop keyboard layout more than it does now? If the idea is the make it keyboard like, you need the colon button that's typically next to the L button don't you think? Otherwise the right hand fingers can't lay out like you typically would on a normal keyboard. I find this makes typing in this way on the iPad incredibly awkward. And over time, it becomes a real strain in the hands and fingers.

I know there are dedicated Bluetooth keyboards but its also true that apple has every intention for users to be able to use it this way, peripheral free. Just don't fully understand why they didn't mimic the keybord layout im not saying it should have every single key of course but it should, I think at least, mimic the keys where your four fingers on each hand would lay.

2. urkel macrumors 68030

The thing that bothers me most about the landscape keyboard is the lack of number keys. The HP TouchPad had a. Slim row of numbers and it fit on a 9.7" screen just fine.

3. kocoman macrumors regular

4. Actual Size macrumors member

I can't imagine using the normal keyboard hand setup with an ipad. I usually use one hand using four fingers to speed things up. Things change. The "normal" keyboard hand position will be useless fairly soon.