iPad keyboard query.

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by snerkler, Apr 28, 2012.

1. snerkler macrumors 6502a

Is there a way to split the keyboard but keep it at the bottom of the screen? Whenever I split the keyboard it moves the keyboard almost half way up which blocks a lot of the screen.

2. Feed Me macrumors 6502a

Feed Me

You can slide it down to about an inch off the bottom of the screen, but any lower and it seems to dock itself again.

3. snerkler thread starter macrumors 6502a

How do you do this, I can either have mine split and just under half way up the screen, or unsplit and docked (ie at the bottom). I have no option to have it split and docked, nor do I seem to be able to move the keyboard around :confused:

4. Feed Me macrumors 6502a

Feed Me

press and hold on the bottom right key and drag up and down

5. snerkler thread starter macrumors 6502a

Mine doesn't do this. It comes up with a pop up with the options, but if I hold it and try to move it nothing happens :confused:

6. oli356 macrumors 6502

Hold the button in the bottom right corner and then drag up/down.

7. snerkler thread starter macrumors 6502a

Mine doesn't do this :confused: I've tried changing the keyboard from a UK one to a US one and this makes no difference :confused: Is this something that was on the iPad 2 that they've taken away on the iPad 3 ?

----------

OK, so I've just sorted it. I added dictation and now I can move the keyboard. Don't know if this is the way it's supposed to be or if this is a glitch, but at least I can move it now.

----------

edit: Scrap that. IT's nothing to do with dictation. You have to press and move immediately before the pop up comes up. If you press and hold the pop up comes up and then you can't move it.