Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OGDaniel

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 24, 2009
Arizona
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-5DYuVN6nuY&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-5DYuVN6nuY&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Please just watch it! I couldn't keep a ********* straight face xD! I was literally crying from laughter! And I see the date of this being posted is before the iPad was announced or released, but come on!

If designing new things like this, don't let your industrial design team ingest harmful hallucinogens when coming up with new ideas

XD

Full of Win

macrumors 68030
Nov 22, 2007
Ask Apple
I'd love to be able to pop my iPad into a keyboard and for it to go to OS X 10.6 mode. The hardware the tablet was running was buggy, but that is nothing that an Android Tablet OS could not solve.

alecgold

macrumors 65816
Oct 11, 2007
NLD
mwoah, I've got the BT keyboard with my iPad and it works nicely.
I'm not that impressed with the Lenovo U1-thing. It never did make it to the market, so I think we still have some time to wait before the ipad gets serious competition.

Competition is something I really like, look at the new screen for the iPhone 4. I think competition pressed Apple here to get a much better screen. Several Samsungs, HTC etc. where getting close or even better with their screens, so after 3 years the same display, Apple pushed it to a whole new level.
Also the new A4 processor is much, much better with more speed and memory on the chip. OTOH they might have felt the competition so bad, they perhaps rushed the iPhone 4 out to fast, to soon.

troubleonline

macrumors 68000
Jun 15, 2010
Edinburgh, Scotland
Jeez that is ugly - looks like a child's laptop. Also looks like a child has had their mucky fingers all over the screen. Seriously could they not have cleaned the screen before filming that. I know the iphone and ipad etc scren get dirty as well but you wouldn't show off like that!!:eek:

Piggie

macrumors G3
Feb 23, 2010
I must admit that seems the sensible and natural path a tablet (Even Apples one) will take.

As long as the power is there (which there will be as time goes on)

It makes no sense to make a tablet and a laptop.

If a table has the speed and capacity to run a full OS (which it will do as tech moves on) then it's natural for it to be able to do both.

A detachable keyboard (so it can function in Tablet mode and also full OSX mode) would be a logical goal to aim for eventually.

Unless your plan would be to deliberately hold back your tablets capabilities for ever. (which would seem daft

Windows 7 Laptops which you could pull the screen off and then go into low power tablet mode may be the "killler" path these things will take eventually.

If Apple don't do it with OSX at some point then I'm sure the Windows community (Acer, Toshiba, Sony, Dell, etc etc etc) may go down this path as the ideal answer.

wyneken

macrumors regular
Feb 26, 2010
The great State of Maine
If Apple don't do it with OSX at some point then I'm sure the Windows community (Acer, Toshiba, Sony, Dell, etc etc etc) may go down this path as the ideal answer.

I don't really have anything smart to say here. I'm just a little awestruck by a sentence that contains words like "Dell" and "Acer" and "Windows" and "ideal" and "answer," all in the same clause.

And I mean, isn't this the "answer" that Bill Gates was peddling 10 years ago? It's been so long I've even forgotten what the question was, but I'm pretty sure that Windows on some kind of hybrid tablet/keyboard/Etch-A-Sketch-looking thing was the answer.

BergerFan

macrumors 68020
Mar 6, 2008
Mos Eisley
I don't really have anything smart to say here. I'm just a little awestruck by a sentence that contains words like "Dell" and "Acer" and "Windows" and "ideal" and "answer," all in the same clause.

And I mean, isn't this the "answer" that Bill Gates was peddling 10 years ago? It's been so long I've even forgotten what the question was, but I'm pretty sure that Windows on some kind of hybrid tablet/keyboard/Etch-A-Sketch-looking thing was the answer.
Haha. :D

tod

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2009
Ohio
Whoa, that's laggy! Bizarre how it uses Linux for the touch interface and Windows 7 when it's attached to the laptop frame. That's a boondoggle for sure.

They might sell a few on QVC.

Jackintosh

macrumors 6502a
Mar 21, 2009
The thing looks pretty kitschy to me, and wouldn't want to go near it with a 10 foot pole. Lacks all the elegance and simplicity of design and function of the iPad. And if I wanted the clunkiness of a laptop, I would have bought one.

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
Sorry - are people so insecure with their own purchases that they constantly feel the need to bash everything else.

Just enjoy your iPad.

These posts are like 6th graders picking on 3rd graders thinking they're tough

DifferentialApp

macrumors regular
May 14, 2010
I'm not trying to bash the pad or anything, but it reminds me of some the android based phones. It is somewhat laggy. Idk, I might just be used to iOS software.

Anyone else think this?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.