Ipad launch question

Discussion in 'iPad' started by macuserjhs, Mar 10, 2011.

1. macuserjhs macrumors regular

Hi,
    So the ipad comes out at 5 pm tommorow. I am planning on going to the mall at 6 pm. There is an apple store in that mall. Do you think I will have a problem getting into the mall?

2. BradClarke macrumors member

Yes after 5pm no one will be aloud to leave or enter the mall MuahahahahahahMuahaha

Honestly though nobody really knows how long the lines will be, there is so many different factors, but apple is trying to set it up to have long lines for publicity, iPads our still a hot ticket item, but this isn't the first one to come out, and its not a complete revamp.

3. macuserjhs thread starter macrumors regular

haha but do you think the line will be long getting off the parkway. I am not sure if you are familiar with the roosevelt field mall, but that is the mall I am planning on going to.

4. al256 macrumors 6502a

al256

I don't think anyone would've been able to guess that information from your first post.

5. deadwalrus macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Is it usually hard to get into the mall on a Friday night? That is your guide. There aren't 1/1000th the Apple nerds out there that the people on these forums seem to think.

Look at the number of views on these threads. A few thousand. Spread out all over the world. Most people have more important **** going on in their lives than standing in line on a workday to buy an iPad. My prediction: there will be lines at 5 when the stores open. Around 5:45 there won't be, and any iPad you want will be available for the taking.

Get off the forums for a bit and walk out into the general public. Probably 25% of the population realizes the new iPad is coming out. 10% of those people realize it is tomorrow night. 1% of those people want it this weekend. 1% of those people are willing to stand in line.

6. GeekLawyer macrumors demi-god

GeekLawyer

The post is coming from inside the house!
    You may want to check this section to see if anyone from your area has information:

http://forums.macrumors.com/forumdisplay.php?f=138

7. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    You will have NO problem getting into the mall... unless it's the size of a large house...

In fact by 6 the lines will probably be nearly gone in the Apple store. Supposedly things go QUICKLY with iPads because there isn't the activation required as with the iPhone. But they may be out of iPads. Who knows.