Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tkettle

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 7, 2010
Does anyone know of a case that has the same functionality of the Apple case? I'm just tired of this casing getting so dirty.

Eldiablojoe

macrumors 6502a
Dec 4, 2009
West Koast
Try this guy on eBay, the case is similar to the Apple case, but made out of portfolio-type leather with white stitching, very Coach like.

Search eBay for PDair

elleana

macrumors regular
Nov 30, 2009
If money is no object, Piel Frama makes one that is awesome. Extremely sturdy and stands up well.

Swampthing

Suspended
Mar 5, 2004

scottness

macrumors 65816
Mar 18, 2009
Room 101
Don't get the incase convertible. Nice to have multiple angles, but it won't stay in the position for long. :mad: That, and the ipad keeps sliding out the opening when it is sitting at an angle.

tikidoc

macrumors regular
Jan 20, 2010
Try this guy on eBay, the case is similar to the Apple case, but made out of portfolio-type leather with white stitching, very Coach like.

Search eBay for PDair

Is this the right name? This is someone in China with 14 feedbacks, nothing for sale, and the last feedback was months ago.

dagomike

macrumors 65816
Jun 22, 2007
I just got one from Marware. It flips up and has a stand that closes with a magnetic latch. I haven't spent much time with it yet.

w4rmk

macrumors 6502
Feb 13, 2006
This one is a direct rip of Apple's case, but in leather. Looks decent but pictures can be deceiving of course. And they had to stamp that crappy name on it...

http://cgi.ebay.com/YOOBAO-genuine-...7183?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=

a.jpg

From this pictures it doesn't look like there is any flap holding the iPad in place so it can just slide right out in the standing position.

john3478

macrumors member
Mar 2, 2009
From this pictures it doesn't look like there is any flap holding the iPad in place so it can just slide right out in the standing position.

Only $28 bucks, much more cheaper than others. I think I will get one

Peter Harrison

macrumors 6502a
Dec 24, 2009
UK
If you'll consider non-leather, the MacAlly Bookstand has been getting great reviews and has the same functionality as the official case.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
a.jpg

hmm. that could definitely be a problem, especially with leather which will loosen over time. think I'll steer clear of this one. they seem to have specifically omitted any angle that might show what's holding it in place.

Fireproof!

macrumors 6502a
Dec 1, 2008
Frisco, TX
a.jpg

I disagree. I could be wrong, but if you look closely at the white stitching at the top, you can see that it curves and disappears as if it's following the same type of "tab" that tucks in behind the iPad to hold it in place. :confused:

w4rmk

macrumors 6502
Feb 13, 2006
Whoever gets one needs to let us know how the iPad slides in and what (if anything) holds it from sliding out. Shipping time of 2-3 weeks is a bummer.

LordOBoogie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2009
I like my Marware Eco-Flip a lot. They are a bit difficult to find, but there are some sellers on Amazon Marketplace that have them in stock.

dkhenkin

macrumors member
Mar 1, 2009
a.jpg

I ordered this case yesterday. Will post an opinion once i get it.

laurenr

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2008
California
I ordered this case yesterday. Will post an opinion once i get it.
I love the look of this! I will be waiting for your review. Please post when you can, and let us know if there is a flap that tucks under the iPad, in the same manner as the Apple case.
Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.