All iPads iPad less homescreen icons compared to iPhone

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ZEEN0j, Jan 23, 2015.

1. ZEEN0j macrumors 6502a

You think Apple will ever update the iPad to at least the same amount of icons on a page compared to the latest iphone. Makes no sense how a 9,7 inch screen has less icons compared to a 4,7 screen.

2. Chad-VI macrumors regular

Chad-VI

I thought about the same thing when I saw the 6. I don't think Apple will give the iPad more rows, though, since the icons would look small and awkward.:D

3. saltd macrumors 6502

saltd

I agree-it makes no sense to give every app such a large area. The fact that you can put 5 in the "dock" row makes this obvious. Having to swipe between pages and creating app "folders" are both things that slow down the iPad interface. Having the option to put 35 apps on the screen instead of 25 would be a big improvement. 7 rows of 5 icons(including the dock row)

I guess it's a design issue-although I think it would also look better if apps were packed in a little tighter.

4. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

They could do it if they move the dock to the side too.

5. mw360 macrumors 65816

mw360

I was pretty disappointed they didn't also add the extra keyboard keys the 6+ got. Seems to me like they're deliberately holding the iPad back on features so they have something new to offer on the iPad+.

6. Teste macrumors 6502

That's iOS for you. It's not that the iPad has just a larger version of the iPhone's iOS; no, now the iPad has an outdated version of the iPhone's iOS. It's easy to see why iPad sales are not so good right now. :mad::rolleyes:

7. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

The size of the icons on the iPad makes my eyes bleed.

8. ZEEN0j thread starter macrumors 6502a

I was thinking this as well.

9. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

I'm not really that caught up over three more icons, but that's just me.

10. ZEEN0j thread starter macrumors 6502a

It was just a question. The reason why I'd like for them to be the same is that I like having one page on my home screen and keep the apps on the same location on both devices. It makes it easier for me to just pick it up and get to work.

11. Eckscaliber macrumors 6502a

Eckscaliber

It would be nice to have the calculator app on an ipad. I don't understand why it isn't.