iPad less stable with 4.2.1?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by rdstoll, Feb 1, 2011.

1. rdstoll macrumors 6502

Hi I got an iPad last April but had it stolen during the summer. Did not want to buy another one but broke down last week and did so.

The thing I've noticed about this iPad vs my other one is that my apps crash a lot more than they did under the old OS. I've deleted and reinstalled these apps to no avail. Even safari has crapped out. Just wondering if this has been an issue with the new OS.

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Which apps? And are you jailbroken?

I have had no issues with 4.2.1 whatsoever

3. rdstoll thread starter macrumors 6502

Not jailbroken....have had issues with yelp, wall st journal, safari, American airlines, and flickster.

4. Cha macrumors regular

You may want to re-install 4.2.1. For some people that has helped. If you want to get really in-depth, you can look at crash logs... Every time you sync the iPad you can look at:

Mac OS X
    ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/MobileDevice/<IPAD>/

Windows XP
    C:\Documents and Settings\<USERNAME>\Application Data\Apple computer\Logs\CrashReporter\<IPAD>\

Windows Vista/7
    C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\Apple computer\Logs\CrashReporter\MobileDevice\<IPAD>\

The crash logs may give you a better idea of what is going on...

5. Amazing Iceman macrumors 68040

Amazing Iceman

Try this first...

Try this first:

Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset All Settings

It may fix all your problems. It doesn't delete your data or apps, but it will bring your iOS device back to a stable condition.

6. Gryzor macrumors 6502

I never had any issues. Sounds like you were jailbroken. Do a reset as suggested.