iPad iPad lineup released at Oct.27 event?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by stretch80, Oct 21, 2016.

1. stretch80 macrumors regular

stretch80

Does anybody think there's a chance we'll see the iPad lineup get updated next week? I'm so wanting a mini iPad Pro:D

2. Serberusprime. macrumors newbie

Yes. Wait....no. Definitely... well, yeah, maybe...but actually, no?

3. masotime macrumors 68020

masotime

I used to think it might be possible... but frankly at this point? I suspect the long overdue updates on the Mac line are likely to take center stage.

Oddly enough, there might just be a passing reference to an iPad Mini "Pro", just like they had a passing reference to the iPad Mini 3 / 4, which rarely seem to take center stage but have been regularly updated every year (although it's really a stretch to call the 3 an "update").

4. 2ilent8cho macrumors 6502

I know somebody on another forum i frequent has ordered 2 weeks ago 18 iPad Air 2's (business order), and they are still waiting, which is long time for Apple stuff, so wondering if the channel inventory is low because of a refresh next week.

5. bensisko macrumors 65816

iPads are highly doubtful, but I've learned never to take Apple for granted.

6. sjleworthy macrumors 65816

sjleworthy

i certainly hope it's an afterthought next week at the event. i mean, it's been over a year since the mini4 was released and if it's upgraded to 'Pro' status next year that's a pretty hefty time gap between that and the other Pros being released.

if indeed it is being upgraded any time. and as mentioned, Apple might say or do anything at anytime even though everyone says they do things like clockwork.

7. subjonas macrumors 65816

8. Faelan macrumors regular

Faelan

No, I don't think they'll introduce any new iPads during the event. It just doesn't make sense when they can bundle it all up and make a big event out of it around spring 2017 as stated by the article above. As disappointing as it may sound, their current lineup is good enough for most people.

But I'll be more than happy if they throw in a surprise update or two. I just won't be disappointed if it's all about Macs and whatever you might be able to plug into the few remaining ports with your dongles ;)

9. MH01 Suspended

MH01

I doubt they will even update most of the macs.....let alone the iPads.

If your worried about buying, don't, you have 14 day return , no matter what happens

10. Videomanmac macrumors 6502

Videomanmac

11. Floris macrumors 68020

Floris

I doubt it. iOS hardware and software usually gets introduced during Spring season. iOS beta during the Summer season. And macOS and hardware end of the year, like Fall season. Exceptions here and there.. but I dont think if we have a mac centric event this October, that it's the right spot to say 'oh, and out of nowhere, lets just do an iPad too' when everybody rather see mac mini update or mac pro update as well. Which are far further away from their cycle than ipad is.

12. Videomanmac macrumors 6502

Videomanmac

I would like to see them say out of nowhere "Oh, we are dropping the iPad's by $100 too"

13. Floris macrumors 68020

Floris

Especially because of the horrible cameras in those big pros being a billion years old.

I rather wait for the Pro 2 mini,normi,maxi versions and consider upgrading my Air2 then.

14. Mr_Killjoy Suspended

Mr_Killjoy

Price changes/new SKUs at the iPhone event. That was your iPad update for the rest of the year.

Spring will be the soonest we'lol see iPad updates, and they're likely to be incremental.

15. The Game 161 macrumors Pentium

The Game 161

16. gobikerider macrumors 68000

gobikerider

I don't see any reason why Apple wouldn't give iPads 10 min just to update processors and refresh the mini.

17. rhyzome macrumors regular

If a 10 inch iPad Pro is released next week, I will buy it at the highest capacity the first day they are available.

Unfortunately, I think that March will be the date, at the very earliest, which sucks for me because I really wanted to get a new one before my long several-month trip which starts not long before March...If theyre released then I'll be fawning over them the whole time without the ability to get one.

18. Codeseven macrumors 6502a

I think I read that it's supposed to be a 2 hour event. That seems like allot of time to just announce new laptops.

19. The Game 161 macrumors Pentium

The Game 161

more like 45 mins on just how they are doing alone.

20. HarryWild macrumors 65816

HarryWild

Rumor has Apple have the iPad release around March 2017 timeframe!

21. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

I really hope they will give us something iPad related! Macs might be the center of attention but it doesn't mean they can't spend 10 minutes on iPad. It would be good considering we are now in the Holiday season..

22. boast macrumors 65816

boast

If they don't then I think they're ditching the air and mini for Pro only.

23. BMcCoy macrumors 65816

BMcCoy

The last three October keynotes (Oct 23, 2012, Oct 22, 2013 and Oct 16, 2014) all featured iPad updates.

24. iPadDad macrumors 6502

iPadDad

Exactly this is what I am hoping for,
    --- Post Merged, Oct 24, 2016 ---
    Don't iPads also out sell the macs???

25. Floris macrumors 68020

Floris

Ok, well, then we will enjoy an iPad update, it's fact now.

OP asked for opinion. My opinion is they won't. It's ok if I am wrong. I am all for new things.