iPad iPad lineup released at Oct.27 event?

stretch80

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 30, 2012
Michigan
Does anybody think there's a chance we'll see the iPad lineup get updated next week? I'm so wanting a mini iPad Pro:D

masotime

macrumors 68020
Jun 24, 2012
San Jose, CA
I used to think it might be possible... but frankly at this point? I suspect the long overdue updates on the Mac line are likely to take center stage.

Oddly enough, there might just be a passing reference to an iPad Mini "Pro", just like they had a passing reference to the iPad Mini 3 / 4, which rarely seem to take center stage but have been regularly updated every year (although it's really a stretch to call the 3 an "update").

Reactions: Cameroncafe10a

2ilent8cho

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2016
I know somebody on another forum i frequent has ordered 2 weeks ago 18 iPad Air 2's (business order), and they are still waiting, which is long time for Apple stuff, so wondering if the channel inventory is low because of a refresh next week.

Reactions: iPadDad

sjleworthy

macrumors 65832
Dec 5, 2008
Penarth, Wales, UK
i certainly hope it's an afterthought next week at the event. i mean, it's been over a year since the mini4 was released and if it's upgraded to 'Pro' status next year that's a pretty hefty time gap between that and the other Pros being released.

if indeed it is being upgraded any time. and as mentioned, Apple might say or do anything at anytime even though everyone says they do things like clockwork.

Faelan

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2014
No, I don't think they'll introduce any new iPads during the event. It just doesn't make sense when they can bundle it all up and make a big event out of it around spring 2017 as stated by the article above. As disappointing as it may sound, their current lineup is good enough for most people.

But I'll be more than happy if they throw in a surprise update or two. I just won't be disappointed if it's all about Macs and whatever you might be able to plug into the few remaining ports with your dongles ;)

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008
I doubt they will even update most of the macs.....let alone the iPads.

If your worried about buying, don't, you have 14 day return , no matter what happens

Reactions: akdj

Floris

macrumors 68020
Sep 7, 2007
Netherlands
Does anybody think there's a chance we'll see the iPad lineup get updated next week? I'm so wanting a mini iPad Pro:D
I doubt it. iOS hardware and software usually gets introduced during Spring season. iOS beta during the Summer season. And macOS and hardware end of the year, like Fall season. Exceptions here and there.. but I dont think if we have a mac centric event this October, that it's the right spot to say 'oh, and out of nowhere, lets just do an iPad too' when everybody rather see mac mini update or mac pro update as well. Which are far further away from their cycle than ipad is.

Videomanmac

Suspended
Apr 3, 2015
I doubt it. iOS hardware and software usually gets introduced during Spring season. iOS beta during the Summer season. And macOS and hardware end of the year, like Fall season. Exceptions here and there.. but I dont think if we have a mac centric event this October, that it's the right spot to say 'oh, and out of nowhere, lets just do an iPad too' when everybody rather see mac mini update or mac pro update as well. Which are far further away from their cycle than ipad is.
I would like to see them say out of nowhere "Oh, we are dropping the iPad's by $100 too"

Floris

macrumors 68020
Sep 7, 2007
Netherlands
I would like to see them say out of nowhere "Oh, we are dropping the iPad's by $100 too"
Especially because of the horrible cameras in those big pros being a billion years old.

I rather wait for the Pro 2 mini,normi,maxi versions and consider upgrading my Air2 then.

Mr_Killjoy

Suspended
Sep 19, 2016
Price changes/new SKUs at the iPhone event. That was your iPad update for the rest of the year.

Spring will be the soonest we'lol see iPad updates, and they're likely to be incremental.

Reactions: Loge

rhyzome

macrumors 6502
Apr 2, 2012
If a 10 inch iPad Pro is released next week, I will buy it at the highest capacity the first day they are available.

Unfortunately, I think that March will be the date, at the very earliest, which sucks for me because I really wanted to get a new one before my long several-month trip which starts not long before March...If theyre released then I'll be fawning over them the whole time without the ability to get one.

Reactions: JeffyTheQuik

Codeseven

macrumors 6502a
Dec 31, 2008
I think I read that it's supposed to be a 2 hour event. That seems like allot of time to just announce new laptops.

12vElectronics

macrumors 68040
Jul 19, 2013
California
I really hope they will give us something iPad related! Macs might be the center of attention but it doesn't mean they can't spend 10 minutes on iPad. It would be good considering we are now in the Holiday season..

BMcCoy

macrumors 68000
Jun 24, 2010
The last three October keynotes (Oct 23, 2012, Oct 22, 2013 and Oct 16, 2014) all featured iPad updates.

iPadDad

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2014
I don't see any reason why Apple wouldn't give iPads 10 min just to update processors and refresh the mini.
Exactly this is what I am hoping for,
[doublepost=1477314966][/doublepost]Don't iPads also out sell the macs???

Floris

macrumors 68020
Sep 7, 2007
Netherlands
The last three October keynotes (Oct 23, 2012, Oct 22, 2013 and Oct 16, 2014) all featured iPad updates.
Ok, well, then we will enjoy an iPad update, it's fact now.

OP asked for opinion. My opinion is they won't. It's ok if I am wrong. I am all for new things.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.