IPad Little

Discussion in 'iPad' started by The Doop, Apr 28, 2010.

1. The Doop macrumors member

Would you have held out on purchasing a smaller version of the iPad? Say with a 6" or 7" screen. Personally, I would just like a bigger iPhone screen or one that morphs to the size I tell it to be.

Posted from my iPhone...because I'm stuck in line at Arby's, a little high and actually don't own an iPad 3G yet. Friday!

2. Lotus Esprit V8 macrumors regular

I am sure that Apple did extensive market research prior to determining the iPads final screen size of 9.7". Who are we to question success?

3. gorkt macrumors 6502

gorkt

You know, when I first saw the IPad, I wanted it to be smaller, more portable, but the more I see it, the more I realize that this screen size is the way to go. If it had been 7 inches, it may have been a bit more portable as an ereader, but other media would have suffered.

4. WLS macrumors 65816

It is what it is. I thought I'd like a smaller one too but the screen size is easier to read and that's the main thing. You get used to it real quick and I've accepted that I will need some kind of bag to protect it. They might come out with a smaller one but not in the next 6 months so what you see is what you get..

5. AJayAgliolio macrumors member

AJayAgliolio

6. Peanut207 macrumors 6502

Peanut207

No not at all. Size is perfect. I have my iPhone if I want a smaller screen.

7. Davydd macrumors regular

It would be intriguing if an iPad that was about the size of a Sony Reader Touch Edition (6.9" x 4.8" x .4") and could adequately show the full internet. That size could fit in several different pants, shirts, and coats pockets. That size would be about midway between the iPhone and iPad.

8. Amnak macrumors 6502

Well the actual screen is smaller then the size of the device so is it really an 9.7 inch screen??? edit: I ment to add that if it was a 7 inch tablet the screen would be smaller and then I would nt find it as attractive

9. ClaireL macrumors 6502a

ClaireL

Absolutely NOT

I was watching the newest episode of V on the super awesome ABC TV app, and it felt like I had a small HDTV with the amount of detail on the screen. The screen is perfect to me. :)

10. spiralynth macrumors regular

11. DaBrain macrumors 65816

DaBrain

Hell No! My sorry eyes have been crying for a screen like this--)))) IM thankful
    it's finally here--)))

About that moron comment..... err..... never mind ;):D

12. elleana macrumors regular

So then the naysayers will say, "But its just an iPad nano..."

13. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

Sadly, 8" diagonal for the iPad's screen ratio would have been the perfect size. Reducing everything in the iPad by 17.5% would have lowered it's weight to the perfect 1.237 lbs and the whole world of "it's too heavy!" complainers would also have been reduced by 17.5 percent. :D

14. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

Arby's, weed, morons...this post has it all!

Wait a minute, who made moron a verb?

15. Zepaw macrumors 65816

Zepaw

*insert MAX iPad joke*

We could have a whole line up from iPod touch to the 60" iPad.

16. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

If you want something smaller, get the iPod Touch.

17. Shasta McNasty macrumors 6502a

Shasta McNasty

Like everyone else has said, the size is perfect! Portability and viewing wise!

18. kloan macrumors regular

The screen's a great size, it's the freakin bezel that's too big. It would be way better if the bezel wasn't so enormous.

19. WalledMacGarden macrumors regular

I find a 9.7 diagonal screen slightly small but who knows I have not tried it yet.
    I got one ordered for the parents, but if it's up to the hype and solid reviews...I would LOVE to have one the exact size of a sheet of paper or magazine. 12" diagonal like 8x11 WxL

Seriously, hold a magazine in your hands, it's just perfect. When Technology is able to get this as thin and light as a magazine, you will see a larger size become popular. One reason it's only 9.7 is the fact that right now a 12" diagonal iPad would weight over 2 pounds.

20. ClaireL macrumors 6502a

ClaireL

The Bezel is there so your thumbs and fingers don't all get in the way of the screen. Very smart design by Apple.

21. Soulcrux macrumors 6502

Soulcrux

Also, allows the device to be thinner. If they made the bezel thinner, they'd have to make the device thicker, and it'd feel even heavier with all of the stuff crammed into that.

22. kultschar macrumors 6502a

It really is perfect size!!!!

Already sick of these analysists already claiming likely to be an ipad nano. It ain't gonna happen lol

23. H00513R macrumors 6502a

H00513R

No, in fact I would have taken a little bit larger screen myself. Wasn't there some talk of a smaller version coming out>>