iPad lock screen home button double-tap option?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by cinca, Apr 11, 2012.

1. cinca macrumors regular

One of the features I frequently use while listening to podcasts and music on my iPhone is the double tap of the home button while my iPhone is locked.

While locked playback controls will appear and allow me to pause, play and switch tracks.

I can't seem to find the ability (or is it an option in settings somewhere?) on my iPad. My iPad is always set to autolock and I'm frequently listening to podcasts. It would be quite convenient if I could figure out how to get the playback Controls to appear without having to swipe to unlocked, enter passcode, navigate to audio controls, etc., etc.

Can anyone help identify a way to activate playback controls while my iPad is locked? Or confirm this is impossible with the iPad? (Which would be a total bummer).

2. HengenJL macrumors 6502a

HengenJL

I get the music controls when my iPad is locked. I just have to tap the home twice really really fast and then the controls come up. iOS 5.1

3. sluggozmom macrumors 6502

sluggozmom

tapping the home button while on the lock screen puts my controls on the top of the screen

4. Feed Me macrumors 6502a

Feed Me

The controls show for me when I double tap my home button on the lockscreen - it's a feature I use often. Works just like on the iPhone.