Ipad lock screen on ios 10

Discussion in 'iPad' started by jqc, Sep 21, 2016.

1. jqc macrumors regular

The time and date on the lock screen of my ipad is not centered in landscape mode, but in the upper left hand corner on ios 10. Is this a bug or is it intentional? Seems very un-apple like.

Thx

2. sjleworthy macrumors 65816

sjleworthy

3. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Intentional and ugly UI. Despite Apple really pushing iPads last year, this year iPads have gotten very little iOS love. Disappointing.

4. sjleworthy macrumors 65816

sjleworthy

for me, my 12.9 is massively smoother and silkier since installing 10, and safari now works wonders without any stutter. thats a HUGE slab of iOS love as far as im concerned :)

5. jqc thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks. Man that looks terrible. My gripe is not so much with ipad specific love (although I do have that), its with non-3D touch love. It seems like everything is optimized for 3D touch but creates a worse experience for non-3D touch, and obviously no ipad has it. Not to mention all the iPhone 6 and SEs in the wild.

A simple example: in ios 9 an email comes in and you see it on the lock screen. You therefore:

1) swipe left to see "mark as read, trash, or "x" for clear off lock screen
    2) tap one of those options

In ios 10 under the same scenario

1) swipe left and you get clear and some other option to see the preview
    2) click on the other option
    3) mark as read or trash

So if you want to mark as read or trash, it takes you an extra click. Why mess with this and make it less convenient given all the non-3D touch devices out there and given it worked great in the first place?

6. 960design macrumors 68030

I like the offset time/date in landscape mode. I also like the Safari split view!

7. joeblow7777 macrumors 603

Not pointing a finger at you OP, but I can't believe that this is the third thread/post I'be seen about this. I seem to be the only one who feels that tucking the time and date off to the side a bit is an improvement to the lock screen.

8. jqc thread starter macrumors regular

On one hand i like it because it gets out of the way of wall papers i usually have up where it tends to obscure someone's forehead or face! But overall, just looks weird, and is especially surprising given apple's historical design ethic, which i think would never have contemplating something off center.

9. joeblow7777 macrumors 603

That's what I like about it, it actually lets you appreciate your wallpaper, which is something that's all but impossible in iOS most of the time.