iPad lock screen

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Lisastratton04, Oct 10, 2016.

1. Lisastratton04 macrumors newbie

Lisastratton04

Recently purchased a new iPad pro and upgraded to iOS 10. After the upgrade, 2 problems have been occurring with my lock screen. I have this odd music app notification open every time I wake up the iPad that I would like to get rid of. I don't listen to any music on my iPad and can't figure out where it's coming from. Also, when the iPad is in landscape view (as shown in the attached photo) the time display is shifted to the left. It was doing that even when the music app notification wasn't there. I've turned off all the notifications I can find, and I haven't found any further information on line. Hoping you guys can help! Thanks for any thoughts you have!

Attached Files:

2. spesifikbrush macrumors regular

spesifikbrush

I don't know about the music player showing up, but the time showing on the left side is a "feature". You can't fix it because there's nothing to fix. It's like they put it to the left side so it would look "different". IMO I like it, but that's the only thing they did for iPads. I wish to see more customization to the home screen, especially on 12.9 Pro.

3. iGeek2014 macrumors 68000

Does the Music player still appear if you "remove" the Music app from your iPad?

4. joeblow7777, Oct 12, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2016

joeblow7777 macrumors 603

The time and date being shifted to the left is a normal feature of iOS 10. I actually like it better that way, but there have been a number of posts by people asking if it's a glitch. It's intentional, as the lockscreen in landscape is going for a more columned look, I think. Think of it like a book opened in front of you. There's a page on the left and a page on the right. There's no text in the middle.

5. Lisastratton04 thread starter macrumors newbie

Lisastratton04

Sadly, yes, it's still there even after removing the Music app that came installed on the iPad.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 12, 2016 ---
    Excellent reply, thank you. Personally, I find it irritating that the time isn't centered. I use my ipad in landscape view on a keyboard almost exclusively, so it just seems like a glitch to me, but I understand now how it could be seen as a feature for people who like to use it as a reading device.

6. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

DO not know what is causing the music app to start with your Home Screen but the non-centering of the time and date is just how iOS10 does it and is a non-issue to most.

7. beernut, Oct 13, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2016

beernut macrumors 6502

I think I figured out the music control on lock screen thing...

If you have headphones in, and you see the controls on the lock screen, does unplugging the headphones get rid of it?
    Or, if you don't have headphones plugged in, go ahead and do so and then unplug them. Does that get rid of it?

Also make sure it's not trying to connect to some other device over airplay

8. laudern macrumors 6502a

Terrible lock screen in ios10 on both the iPad and iphone. I've never once accidentally opened my iPhone while getting it out of tight pockets before ios10 came along. Now it happens frequently with the pressing of the button. I really do hate it.