iPad iPad Lock with Cover in iOS 7

Discussion in 'iPad' started by StophMac24, Dec 26, 2013.

1. StophMac24 macrumors 6502

StophMac24

Hello.

I have googled this issue, but the responses I found didn't help me.

I just got my iPad Air for Christmas and with it got a cover that has a magnet to lock it when closed.

However, in iOS 7, I don't see the same option that iOS 6 had to allow a cover to lock and unlock the iPad.

I have tried to toggle the auto lock to never and then back to 2 mins, I have tried rebooting the iPad with the cover attached....nothing i do enables the on/off toggle from iOS 6 to come up in iOS 7 and my cover still doesn't lock/unlock the iPad.

Anyone have a fix/suggestion as to why?

Thanks in advance.

2. JackieInCo macrumors 601

Is this an official Apple smart cover? Once a cover is in place, there is an option in settings to turn on/off the iPad when the cover is opened/closed.

It will be on the right hand pane in settings/general.

Attached Files:

3. ZacUSNYR macrumors regular

My nephews got iPad minis for christmas with cheap cases that have the smart case features, didn't work. In order to get the setting to show I had to put my smart cover on and then they started to work.

4. StophMac24 thread starter macrumors 6502

StophMac24

Thank you for the pics and the response.

The case I have is no the Apple Smart Cover.

Does anyone know of a way to get the toggle to enable other than having to find an Apple smart cover and putting it on? I had it in iOS 6 on my old iPad, however, it disappeared in iOS 7 on the new one I got yesterday.

5. pat park macrumors 6502a

If it's not an official Apple Smart Cover, the magnets could be reverse polarity and would explain why it's not working/triggering the sleep wake function.

6. StophMac24 thread starter macrumors 6502

StophMac24

Went by a local Best Buy this weekend and grabbed one of the display smart covers. Worked like a charm and now my case works as well.

Wish I didn't have to do that but at least it works now. Thanks again for the help.