iPad iPad Lock with Cover in iOS 7

StophMac24

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 14, 2007
Miami
Hello.

I have googled this issue, but the responses I found didn't help me.

I just got my iPad Air for Christmas and with it got a cover that has a magnet to lock it when closed.

However, in iOS 7, I don't see the same option that iOS 6 had to allow a cover to lock and unlock the iPad.

I have tried to toggle the auto lock to never and then back to 2 mins, I have tried rebooting the iPad with the cover attached....nothing i do enables the on/off toggle from iOS 6 to come up in iOS 7 and my cover still doesn't lock/unlock the iPad.

Anyone have a fix/suggestion as to why?

Thanks in advance.

JackieInCo

Suspended
Jul 18, 2013
Colorado
Is this an official Apple smart cover? Once a cover is in place, there is an option in settings to turn on/off the iPad when the cover is opened/closed.

It will be on the right hand pane in settings/general.

Attachments

ZacUSNYR

macrumors regular
Feb 1, 2008
My nephews got iPad minis for christmas with cheap cases that have the smart case features, didn't work. In order to get the setting to show I had to put my smart cover on and then they started to work.

StophMac24

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 14, 2007
Miami
Is this an official Apple smart cover? Once a cover is in place, there is an option in settings to turn on/off the iPad when the cover is opened/closed.

It will be on the right hand pane in settings/general.
Thank you for the pics and the response.

The case I have is no the Apple Smart Cover.

Does anyone know of a way to get the toggle to enable other than having to find an Apple smart cover and putting it on? I had it in iOS 6 on my old iPad, however, it disappeared in iOS 7 on the new one I got yesterday.

pat park

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2011
California
Thank you for the pics and the response.

The case I have is no the Apple Smart Cover.

Does anyone know of a way to get the toggle to enable other than having to find an Apple smart cover and putting it on? I had it in iOS 6 on my old iPad, however, it disappeared in iOS 7 on the new one I got yesterday.
If it's not an official Apple Smart Cover, the magnets could be reverse polarity and would explain why it's not working/triggering the sleep wake function.

StophMac24

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 14, 2007
Miami
If it's not an official Apple Smart Cover, the magnets could be reverse polarity and would explain why it's not working/triggering the sleep wake function.
Went by a local Best Buy this weekend and grabbed one of the display smart covers. Worked like a charm and now my case works as well.

Wish I didn't have to do that but at least it works now. Thanks again for the help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.