iPad lost - a few questions

Discussion in 'iPad' started by splashthecash, Oct 4, 2011.

1. splashthecash macrumors newbie

My first post on MacRumours! Always a reader though....anyway - I lost my iPad over the past few days....I have a few questions:

• Is there anyway I can see if apps have been added/updated from my account or anyway that would point to confirmation that someone else actually has it as opposed to me just misplacing it in the house?
    • Is there anyway I can "unlink" the iPad from my Apple account. If someone did come across it and are using it, i dont want my apps to be synced onto the iPad via this whole syncing thing.

Many thanks everyone!!

2. HengenJL macrumors 6502a

HengenJL

1. unless whoever has your iPad has access to your password they will not be able to download new apps. 1st thing to do though is to change your password ASAP.

2. if whoever has it tries to plug it into their own computer then whatever apps/songs/music/books are on the iPad will be deleted unless they tell it not to sync.

if/when you get your replacement iPad make sure you install the Find my iPhone app, it works on all iOS devices and allows you to track the iPad with the ability to send a message to the iPad or even remotely wipe all content. another security feature would be to password protect the iPad, so upon unlocking the device it prompts for a password.