Ipad LTE as Car Nav in Landscape?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by willcapellaro, Jan 20, 2013.

1. willcapellaro macrumors 6502

Quick question:

I want to buy and an ipad mini LTE as an in-car nav, everything seems like it will work. I like especially in iOS how you can sleep the device while routing and it will wake the screen briefly to display the turn. However, my only niggling worry is that it will wake the screen in portrait mode even when I have it cradled in landscape mode.

Thanks -- I have no way to test this, only have iphone 4S--which doesn't let you lock in landscape, and ipad 1 wifi, which doesn't have iOS 6.0, gps or maps. I know literally nobody with a 4G ipad and apple never has them to try.

But ipad orientation when waking does seem to work well... I'm just worried that the map will be rotated or some other surprise. I'm crazy though, right? Someone put an end to my craziness.

2. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

Just tested it with my AT&T iPad mini. It does stay in landscape if locked in that rotation when giving directions. I'm sure it would without being locked in landscape, but I wanted to test it like you mentioned.