iPad LTE Signal Strength/Antenna

Discussion in 'iPad' started by jjk454ss, Jun 17, 2012.

1. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

Does the antenna in the new iPad seem to be as good as a cell phone or a mobile hotspot? I have a Verizon iPad, I have no experience with VZ myself, because they have LTE in my area. It may be just where I use it, I only use the cellular connection at work, but the speeds are not the greatest and I lose LTE or lose signal completely quite often. Everyone raved about VZ being so fast(I think they were jealous because at the time they couldn't get the iPhone:)). I just wonder it its an iPad thing, or its just the area I'm in, even though I'm right in the middle of town. Maybe its the building causing issues also.

I just wondered if in general the iPad gets good signal with the antenna its using. I'm sure it is, I'm just disappointed at this point that I went with VZ for the LTE, when my iPhone gets better speeds and more reliable connection with ATT where I need it most.

2. aleni macrumors 68020

I dont have LTE in my country yet, but i have the new ipad and iphone 4s, those two are using the same operator, and buy placing them in the same place inside my house, my iphone 4s has 1 more bar than the ipad.

3. jjk454ss thread starter macrumors 601

jjk454ss

Do you have vzw?

4. aleni macrumors 68020

no im not in the US. im in asia.

5. reclusive46 macrumors 65816

reclusive46

Other than the fact the Verizon iPad has CDMA its not different from any of the iPads in any other country, from personal experience it depends on the direction on the iPad compared to a 4S. If the iPad antenna (Black bit at top) is facing up or towards the nearest mast the iPad will normally be a bar more than my iPhone, otherwise the iPhone will have a better signal. Remember the iPhone has a dual antenna and as essentially facing both left and right.

6. jjk454ss thread starter macrumors 601

jjk454ss

OK, thanks