All iPads iPad LTE - Unlimited

Discussion in 'iPad' started by johnclevohio, Mar 27, 2014.

1. johnclevohio macrumors newbie

Can you assign an unlimited data plan to an Ipad. I see 4G LTE plans for sale on Ebay, are these for phones only, or can this be assigned to an Ipad?

2. monkey28rb macrumors 6502

No it cannot be applied to an iPad. You must find someone selling their unlimited iPad data plan. I was lucky enough to get mine at a decent (although expensive) price.

3. baypharm macrumors 65816

baypharm

Correction: you can take the SIM card out of a phone and it will provide data to the iPad. Example: Verizon Unlimited SIM on Android phone provides full cellular (unlimited) data capability on an iPad Air. There is no need to "assign" anything to the iPad. Just pay the bill every month and you have unlimited data on your iPad.

4. east85 macrumors 65816

east85

Your mileage will vary. For instance those on T-Mobile do not have this option. The IMIE will immediately be recognized by T-Mobile and service will be denied if you attempt to use a Phone sim in an iPad of any model. This is a relatively new policy though that went into effect after T-Mobile became authorized to sell Apple products. Also, I was kind of thinking that with Verizon they offer free tethering with most of their plans so this may not be necessary in some circumstances. With that said, I hope Verizon does not adopt T-Mobile's strategy on data anytime soon.

5. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

It's possible Verizon can't do that even if they want to. I remember reading somewhere that there's a clause when they purchased spectrum that forbids them from doing just that.

6. Truefan31 macrumors 68040

Truefan31

Is the att iPad unlimited plan throttled after 5 gb?

7. east85 macrumors 65816

east85

No, they only screwed the iPhone customers. iPad plan remains unchanged.