Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ks-man

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 25, 2007
Quick question, I did a brief search but couldn't find it, how will an iPad sync to the computer? Will it come with a cable to connect the two or will you need to purchase the camera kit to hook it up via USB? I guess it could connect wirelessly.

Anyway, does anybody know?

Thanks.

ks-man

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 25, 2007
I take it you've never owned an iPod before

I own plenty of ipods, but watching the guided tours I didn't see them connect it to a mac at all but did show connecting a camera to the iPad so I was a little concerned that they weren't allowing these to sync up with a computer.

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
so I was a little concerned that they weren't allowing these to sync up with a computer.

Haha, most people are concerned that it can sync with a computer. They want it to be a stand-alone device that you plug things into.

ks-man

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 25, 2007
Haha, most people are concerned that it can sync with a computer. They want it to be a stand-alone device that you plug things into.

It comes down to what people already own. I'd much prefer my iMac to be my central device hub rather than the iPad. It does seem a cheap ploy though that it doesn't include a USB and SD slot but I can live without those.

My pet peeve with it is the lack of front facing camera/ichat and the ability to read Adobe DRM Epub books. Watching the guided tours though I still think I will likely get one. If it had support for those two, I wouldn't even think twice about it though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.