Ipad/Mac Sync?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ks-man, Mar 30, 2010.

1. ks-man macrumors 6502a

Quick question, I did a brief search but couldn't find it, how will an iPad sync to the computer? Will it come with a cable to connect the two or will you need to purchase the camera kit to hook it up via USB? I guess it could connect wirelessly.

Anyway, does anybody know?

Thanks.

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

In the box

iPad

Dock Connector to USB Cable

10W USB Power Adapter
    Documentation

found on http://www.apple.com/ipad/specs/

That italic cable is all you need.

3. ks-man thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks.

4. oclor macrumors regular

5. ks-man thread starter macrumors 6502a

I own plenty of ipods, but watching the guided tours I didn't see them connect it to a mac at all but did show connecting a camera to the iPad so I was a little concerned that they weren't allowing these to sync up with a computer.

6. macduke Suspended

macduke

Haha, most people are concerned that it can sync with a computer. They want it to be a stand-alone device that you plug things into.

7. ks-man thread starter macrumors 6502a

It comes down to what people already own. I'd much prefer my iMac to be my central device hub rather than the iPad. It does seem a cheap ploy though that it doesn't include a USB and SD slot but I can live without those.

My pet peeve with it is the lack of front facing camera/ichat and the ability to read Adobe DRM Epub books. Watching the guided tours though I still think I will likely get one. If it had support for those two, I wouldn't even think twice about it though.