Ipad+Macbook Air+iMac

Discussion in 'iPad' started by SuperMiguel, Oct 21, 2011.

1. SuperMiguel macrumors 6502

2. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

depends on worth it. Each have a specific use, and together they can work well together.
    PLEASE OP: you can't string 6 words together and expect us to give you a good answer.

3. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

Possible, if you have the money for it.

Imac for all your heavy duty usage at home, MBA for when you are outside, and ipad for entertainment purposes at home.

4. kim2272 macrumors regular

kim2272

That's my current setup right now and I could easily live without one of them. But I definitely use all three daily. :)

5. SuperMiguel thread starter macrumors 6502

I currently have a MacBook air 13" , and iPad 32 gb 3G and this desktop:

MB: ASUS MAXIMUS IV EXTREME
    CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K
    HD: 2x Crucial RealSSD C300 64GB (RAID 0)
    RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X 16GB
    GPU: GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 560 Ti
    Case: Corsair 800D
    PSU: Corsair HX850W
    Cooling: XSPC RX360, EK-Supreme HF, MCP35X

I have someone giving me $1600 for it.. And was thinking if I should sell it and get a 27" $2000 iMac....

But I'm a bit turn down by how hard it seems to get an ssd installed on it... Still wondering if it is needed? Wondering how slow will this sys be compared with my current one..

6. Dangerous Theory macrumors 68000

You're honestly considering purchasing two macs and an iPad? Sounds like you have to much spare cash. Wish I could afford that.

7. shortcrust macrumors 6502

As with all these types of threads, only you can answer your own question.:)

8. palpatine macrumors 68040

Exactly :)

I could probably get by now with my iPad alone for most of the year. So, I guess I don't really even need a computer.

I use my MBP every day for a few minutes, though. I could live without it, but it has nice stuff like Scrivener that makes my life better.

An iMac? I don't know how that would get used (by me), but only you will know the answer to that :)

9. thetruth1985 macrumors 6502

Ummmm you do know Battlefield 3 comes out in a few days right?

10. SuperMiguel thread starter macrumors 6502

Bah the only game is play is world of Warcraft and its once a week

11. SuperMiguel thread starter macrumors 6502

I have the 13" MBA and a 32gb iPad... Just thinking about selling my desktop (listed previously) to get an iMac

12. palpatine macrumors 68040

Oh. Why do you need an iMac? I don't really see the point, unless you have money to burn, and some kind of monster app that you need to run on the iMac. I don't think you have said anywhere what you actually do with these devices, so it is difficult to know if it is "worth" it.

13. SuperMiguel thread starter macrumors 6502

On my desktop I mostly play wow, do programming and mathematical computations...

14. secksthoi macrumors member

I think all three combined, it makes for a great balance. imac for the heavy stuff, air for walk around, and ipad to consume all of your magazine, newspaper, video content.

15. palpatine macrumors 68040

Sounds to me like you could benefit from the large screen and power. You could get a monitor to hook up to your 13", but I guess WOW wouldn't be as nice. I don't see the point of the 13" if you have the iPad and iMac. In short, 3 seems like overkill to me. There are only so many devices I can use at once, and I'd rather use the money for something else.

16. ronroyernh macrumors newbie

Have and use all 3 plus iPhone

Once I got my iPad when it first came out, my HP laptop and my generic desktop both stopped working during the past year (I had replaced the MB on the desktop once), so I decided to go all Apple. I use my MBPro at work and use the iMac primarily for MS type software that is not available for the Mac. I find that Parallels is faster on the iMac than on the MPPro. In any case, I wouldn't want to be without any of them. I really don't think it is overkill at all.

17. blow45 macrumors 68000

YUp that's my set up too, my three kids, I think it's the ideal combi, iPhone gets no love for the time being because of the high sar, but I m much, much more myself and at peace with a dumb phone instead, I can finally just have a cup of coffe outside without feeling the compulsion to check emails or some such sh. Sadly the birds are busy with whatever the heck they are doing on their phones and it's hard to flirt usually... The perils of technology.

18. gdeputy macrumors 6502a

gdeputy

Thats my combo. Love em all, been without the iMac for 2 weeks amidst a move and can honestly say I miss it big time for all my heavy lifting/ work. iPad for couch ect and MBA for on the road.

19. C N Reilly macrumors regular

I think this comes down to, "Dude, you know you want to." If you've got the cash, go for it.