iPad+MacBook Air in 1

Discussion in 'iPad' started by v2club, Jan 16, 2012.

1. v2club macrumors regular

Lenovo has introduced a multimode notebook with a 360-degree flip-and-fold design. The display flips over and it becomes a tablet.

http://ces.cnet.com/8301-33372_1-57353912/lenovo-twists-a-tablet-and-laptop-into-the-ideapad-yoga/

I think that this is a brilliant idea!

So how would you like to see a 13" MBA with a touch screen that flips over and becomes an iPad?

The thing that I like the most is that ONE OS runs on PCs, tablets and phones (Well done Microsoft!) I think that Apple should definitely try to something about that. In the iTunes Store there are so many cool apps, but the Mac App Store sucks. And I'm sure pretty soon there will be an Apple TV with an Apple TV Store and developers will start writing apps for that as well. HOWEVER it is going to take years before the apps in the Mac App Store and eventually Apple TV Store come even close to the iTunes Store.

2. jojoba macrumors 68000

3. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

We got lots of great stuff being readied to introduce in the months to come! I know many Apple people do not want to hear it but we have Win8 soon to arrive, too!

A fold back convertable would be nice except it would hurt the iPad and App sales so I do not think that Apple will let it happen. They got to do something as the Ultrabooks are getting ready to hit the market and have their sights on Apple's MBA!

4. SDColorado macrumors 65816

SDColorado

I would rather see a 13" where the screen completely detaches and becomes an iPad. The Lenovo Yoga weighs in at 3.1 lbs. vs. 1.33 for the iPad and 0.67 inches thick vs. 0.34 for the iPad. While the concept is, interesting, I think it is really to thick and heavy to truly be a tablet alternative to the iPad. I also don't really care for how it flips over so that the keyboard is facing down to collect dirt, dust, pet hair, etc.

Good concept, but falls a little short in design.

5. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

Wouldn't that laptop/tablet hybrid be like neither here nor there? Too thick/heavy to be a tablet you can carry around for long, and there is probably some catch which renders it inferior to a laptop of comparable price.

I would rather just buy a wireless keyboard to go with my ipad. :D

6. racer1441 macrumors 68000

These have been built for a decade. Bill Gates showed this off years ago.

Was useless then, is useless now. When you are a computer and a tablet, you suck at both.

7. Buckeyestar macrumors 6502a

Buckeyestar

I really dislike the idea of the back of my tablet being a keyboard. It think it would be too thick too.

8. anthonymoody macrumors 68020

You are assuming that Apple has no way to let apps run in Mac OSX. Pretty sure they'll figure that out when they want to unify the OS's ;)

9. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

They will not need to "unify". They can just use a dual boot feature to save even more power.

I still think it would hurt iPad sales which is not going to happen any time soon.

10. porcupine8 macrumors 6502a

That style touchscreen has been around (on windows machines) for years, I know several people with them.

The fact that so many people didn't even know they exist tells you how popular they are. I thought I wanted one like that and was disappointed the iPad wasn't like it - but now that I have an iPad, no way would I want the extra bulk.