iPad magazine apps - backup

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by Diveflo, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Diveflo macrumors regular

Hello,

I'm currently thinking about what version of the iPad I should get.
    Most of my content (movies, TV Shows etc.) is stored locally on my PC so I figured the 16gb version should do.
    But I plan on using the iPad a lot for magazines (Wired, New Yorker...) and read online that many of those are larger than 500mb per issue which would fill up the iPad pretty fast...
    So my question is if there is an option in iTunes to backup specific issues of magazines to my Mac, so I only have the latest issue on my iPad but will still be able to access them if I wish to do so?

Thank you very much for you help.

Please forgive my English as I'm from Germany and it's not my native language.

2. kes601 macrumors regular

Depending on the Magazine most of them should have the ability to "archive" the issue, which essentially deletes it from the iPad, but then you would be able to download it again if you want to read it.

3. taimur4u macrumors newbie

taimur4u

I suggest you get 32gb iPad because you are going to get a lot things which you wish to download and save on your iPad.

And about the magazines ... Magazines look stunning on iPads. You need to install application for reading magazines first. There are lots of FREE apps available on itunes (Like Other Edition Newsstand). Download it and surf magazines.