iPad Magazines

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by saberahul, Nov 22, 2010.

1. saberahul macrumors 68040

So I like reading magazines on the iPad - they are rather interesting. However, I'm yet to become comfortable with the subscription deal and having to actually pay for the content that can be found on the site for pretty much free.
    One magazine I really like is the Inventors Digest application for the iPad which is free - they simply allow you to only read the current issue and automatically delete the previous one, a neat concept.
    With that being said, I was hoping others here may have suggestions to other great free magazine application designed for the iPad which may or may not represent a similar idea presented by the Inventors Digest mag. Share which ones you like or which ones you would like to see. Please do state the price or mention paid if the app isn't for free.

-- SR

2. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

The Economist. It's a free app to a paid subscription. Well thought out app with optional audio version.

3. pagansoul macrumors 65816

pagansoul

Iphone Life gives with a year subscription both the magazine and a digital issue to download.

4. saberahul thread starter macrumors 68040

Economist is more of a news app - not really a magazine. I'm looking for something more like the Bentley Magazine or Oracle Magazine. I know of only these 3 free ones so far. Any additional input will be great.

5. ACKRITE macrumors member

ACKRITE

No. It's very much a magazine, it just happens to be one which focuses on unbiased analysis of current events and news...just like the print edition of The Economist (which calls itself a newspaper actually).

Anywho, their efforts are much appreciated, as the app's layout, minus the touchscreen interaction, is nearly indistinguishable from reading the print edition...which is exactly the point.