IPad Mail - not showing attachments

Discussion in 'iPad' started by tw1ll, Jul 9, 2016.

1. tw1ll macrumors regular

Is anyone having problems with iPad Mail not showing attachments. Just starting today emails sent from Outlook on an iMac are reaching my wifes iPad, the iPad inbox shows that the email has an attachment, but when you open the email there is nothing there. If I look at the same email in Outlook on the iMac the attachments are there. I've tried a variety of file types as attachments (in particular pdf, .doc) but no joy. Any ideas gratefully received.

2. ericwn macrumors 6502a

This sounds weird. Do you have a web mail interface where you can double-check that the attachments actually do arrive? Other than that, I assume you have already rebooted the iPad?

3. tw1ll thread starter macrumors regular

Hi - yes using a web mail browser I see the attachment and using Outlook on another PC I see them. It's only on the iPAD that the attachments don't show up. Got me stumped......
    --- Post Merged, Jul 9, 2016 ---
    I think it was the latest update to Outlook for Mac, but have struggled to find anything on the web. If anyone is aware of a known bug or spots someone with the same issue would you let me know please.

4. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

Delete the email account from the iPad, reboot and re-add the account.

5. tw1ll thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the suggestion although it is a problem on several of our pads. Also, I've just found reference to a known bug that supposedly will be fixed this week with the next Outlook update.....here's hoping. If that doesn't do the trick I shall follow your advice.

6. pacorob macrumors 65816

pacorob

If it's takes too long then there are several other nice alternative Mail apps out there like Spark and Airmail for example.