Ipad Memory

Discussion in 'iPad' started by alexhmufc, Oct 13, 2012.

1. alexhmufc macrumors newbie

The new Ipad that i plan to buy in the near future will be my first apple product since a 2nd generation ipod touch.It was 8gb, i managed reasonably with a few cutbacks but i plan to have all of my music and videos and have an extended amount of apps.I also plan to use Pages quite extensivley for coursework and so on and was wondering what the ideal memory capacity would be?

2. Thegolem macrumors regular

How much data do you have?

3. stisdal macrumors 6502

stisdal

Go big or go home! #

Seriously though, with HD movies, HD pictures, apps, and music, I decided to 'future proof' myself and got the 64gb. I would go for the largest capacity you can comfortably afford.

4. iEvolution macrumors 65816

I personally think even 64gb is weak at this point..I mean the iPod Touch has carried this capacity for 3 years now..you know what has happened in these 3 years? 256kbps DRM free iTunes, HD video that takes up 1 to 1.5gb, a retina display that increases the size of the apps that support it.

We're totally overdue for 128GB or even an odd capacity bump like 96GB. 64GB is seriously undercutting what the iPad can do. For some reason Apple doesn't think anyone actually uses more and more capacity as time goes on they think we're still using the same crap we did in 2009.

For the iPad you should 'go big or go home'...at the very least 32GB. 16GB is just a joker capacity in my opinion unless you do little other than check emails, social media and a few apps. To put it into perspective the iPod Nano has that capacity and all it does is music.

5. Rhyalus macrumors 6502

Rhyalus

What we are overdue for is an SD expansion port.

Can you imagine the absurd price apple would charge for 128gb today?

R

6. HowardSmith macrumors 6502a

These absurd prices are why we will never see an SD slot. :eek: