iPad mini iPad mini 1 keyboard issue

Discussion in 'iPad' started by magicpinkdrink, Mar 4, 2015.

1. magicpinkdrink, Mar 4, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2015

magicpinkdrink macrumors member

magicpinkdrink

Hi guys. I have an iPad mini (original generation) that I received as a gift last year. It is still going like a champ, however I am having one annoying issue with it. Ever since I updated to iOS 8, the keyboard is in the wrong place. Instead of being flush with the bottom of the screen, it is about an inch above the screen, which is causing it to cover things it isn't supposed to. I figured it was a glitch, but it hasn't fixed itself with any of he subsequent iOS updates, my iPhone 6 has never done it, and neither of my parents iPads (iPad 2 and iPad Air) do it, so I'm beginning to wonder if it is a problem with my iPad specifically. Is anyone else's iPad mini doing this? I'm tempted to wipe it and restore it, but I don't want to go through the hassle if it's not fixable. Help!

Attached Files:

2. adam9c1 macrumors 65816

adam9c1

Have you powered down and up the device?
    Have you done a hard reset?

I have seen issues with iPad 2 where things are zoomed in a bit and off center.

3. magicpinkdrink thread starter macrumors member

magicpinkdrink

Yes, I have done both. I'm sorry, I should have mentioned that. It is also running the most recent iOS update as well.

4. XTheLancerX macrumors 68000

XTheLancerX

Looks like your keyboard got undocked somehow. See the very bottom-most key with the keyboard and arrow pointing downward beneath it? Just drag the keyboard down with that key, or hold your finger down on the key and slide up to the option "Dock" and let go. Both methods should move the keyboard back down to the bottom.

This "Problem" you're having is actually a feature, so don't fret.

5. magicpinkdrink thread starter macrumors member

magicpinkdrink

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU! That worked perfectly!

6. XTheLancerX macrumors 68000

XTheLancerX

You're welcome! Always like to help people and see their problems get solved. ;)