iPad mini iPad Mini 1 owners are you upgrading to iPad Mini 3?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by snow755, Aug 28, 2014.

1. snow755, Aug 28, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2014

snow755 macrumors 6502a

snow755

Hi

I have a ? For iPad Mini1 owners like me are you plan on upgrading to iPad Mini 3. When it comes out ? Or are you planing on keeping the iPad Mini 1 for other year

I am planing on upgrading too iPad Mini 3 when it comes out

2. Xeyad macrumors 6502

As a current iPad Mini 1 owner, I can't wait to see what Apple has in store for the iPad Mini 3. The iPad Mini 2 was a huge step up, but I personally never saw the value to step up because I felt my iPad was still sufficient enough to do all my tasks. However, after a year with iOS 7 on it, and pretty much filled up the storage, I can't wait for a new Mini and hopefully a redesign!

And btw, you kept misspelling Mini to Mimi :p

3. willmtaylor, Aug 28, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2014

willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Once and I'd understand, but 6x...seriously? Bravo....

UPDATE: You still missed one. :p

UPDATE 2: Now that it's all corrected, I kind of miss the iPad Mimi. We had some good times together. Sure, our relationship wasn't perfect, but it was real.

4. haruhiko macrumors 601

haruhiko

5. Tobias Funke macrumors 6502a

Tobias Funke

If it gets a better screen I am defo getting one to replace my iPad2.

6. Shanghaichica, Aug 29, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2014

Shanghaichica macrumors 603

Shanghaichica

Well I gave my iPad mini 1st gen to my cousin after I got my air as I wasn't using it anymore but I may well get the next gen iPad mini if it has Touch ID and they sort out the alleged colour gamut issues. I like the idea of having Touch ID to secure a portable tablet. I have no plans to update my iPad Air anytime soon though as it does everything I need. It's not lacking in anything.

7. Medic311 macrumors 68000

Medic311

i just bought my dad an iPad Mini 1 brand new for $199. i don't think he even cares about a Mini 2 or 3 haha. he is just fascinated to be able to read magazines, newspapers, and watch things on a device that small and thin that it fits in the smaller pocket of his briefcase.

for me though, i'm definitely ditching the iPad Mini 2 and getting whatever Mini they decide to release on the 9th

8. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

I had the mini 1, and now have the iPad Mini with Retina Display. I have no issues with it, don't notice any color gamut issues as I DON'T CARE. I probably am going to hold out on it. I don't really need Touch ID. iPad Mini with Retina DP is fast enough for the things I want it to do.

----------

the Sept. 9th event is for the iPhone. Apple will have an event for the ipads in October. But then who knows, Apple may change it up. But I don't plan to count on it that Apple will announce the ipads on the 9th.

9. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Mine still does what I need it to do so I'd rather spend my money on other things like cameras.

10. snow755 thread starter macrumors 6502a

snow755

Why spend $ on a camera to where iPhone iPads window phones android phone and this about any thing else I can think of all ready have a camera I say. Normal camera are this about to go poof has Camera on window android ios are taking over

11. darngooddesign, Aug 31, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2014

darngooddesign macrumors G3

Obviously you don't know anything about good cameras, and that's fine; a phone camera with its teeny sensor is good enough for you. I agree that point and shoot cameras and some more advanced cameras are going away, but many people still enjoy using cameras.

12. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

Nope. My iPad mini 1 still feels and runs like its brand new.

13. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

I am going to TRY and put off upgrading if I can. The sluggishness of the App Store drives me nuts, but it's the only thing that is problematic at this point.

But if I do, I'm going to wait until the refurbished models come out so I can get a nicer storage option at a decent price.

14. taptic macrumors 65816

taptic

I got a 32 gb wifi for $250 with AppleCare+. Hopefully it doesn't depreciate in value too terribly much by November (or whenever the update is) and I can get what I put into it...

15. Chocolatemilty macrumors 6502a

My mini 1 is serving me great still. Hopefully iOS 8 runs like a champ as well. I will probably end upgrading when the iPad mini 3 refurbs eventually come to the Apple store at some point in '15 most likely.

16. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

It might go on my Christmas list or I'll save up for a refurb or used. I bought my mini 1 used in February. My brother got the Air last Christmas while I got a new rMBP in October as an early Christmas present for school. If I decide to but it myself, there's also the iPhone 6 to consider instead, but I'm not sure I'll like the bigger screen over my 5 since I have the mini. #firstworldproblems

17. E3BK macrumors 68020

E3BK

I love my Mini 1 and am looking forward to the Mini 3 when they announce it. The Mini 1 works pretty great for my needs and I don't always feel the need to upgrade it as frequently as my iPhone ;) But we'll see......

----------

I'm running the beta and it works pretty well, a little bit laggy but hoping those bugs will get worked out and really, not noticeable unless you are using intense apps like high GFX games, etc. Once all the apps are updated for iOS 8, those should run smoother as well.