Ipad Mini 1 vs Mini 4

Discussion in 'iPad' started by OldMacGuy, Sep 20, 2015.

1. OldMacGuy macrumors newbie

Mar 29, 2008
    I have the original iPad Mini. Just cracked the screen after 3 years of happy use. So will likely upgrade to Mini 4 (maybe Air 2). I use the Mini mostly for web browsing. (reading Newpapers, financial sites etc.)

How do web page loading etc. compare between Mini 1 and Mini 4. My wife's iPad Air 1 seems much faster than my Mini. Will the mini 4 be a big improvement over Air 1?
  2. ZBoater macrumors G3

Jul 2, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    Yes, a huge improvement. Good deals to be had on Air 2s. Depends on what size you want.
  3. newellj macrumors 603

Oct 15, 2014
    Boston, MA, US
    In my experience with the Air (which I owned for over a year) and Air 2 (which is faster than the Mini 4) there is not a huge difference for most purposes, so in terms of comparing the Mini 4 to the Air 1, you probably will not see a huge improvement. However, the Mini 4 will take full advantage of the iOS 9 multitasking (specifically, Split View) which the original Air can't do, and the extra 1 GB of RAM in the Mini 4 vs. the Air 1 should help with web page reloads, so overall it may be a better experience. Someone else pointed out that Staples currently has sale pricing on Air 2 models (all of them) at $150 off, which makes the Air 2 very close to the Mini 4 in price, if you were thinking about a full-size (I guess we need to start saying mid-size) iPad.
  4. Left4DeadBoy macrumors regular

Sep 20, 2015