iPad mini iPad Mini 16GB 3G problem.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Twimfy, Nov 9, 2013.

1. Twimfy macrumors 6502a

Twimfy

Hi all. Got a weird issue with my iPad mini.

A few days ago I left it overnight to charge and the next day I unlocked it to find the battery was only at 70%. As soon as I opened Safari the display went black.

From this point on it has failed to work again. I've tried a DFU reset. It doesn't show up in iTunes either.

For the remainder of that day however the right hand side of the device was warm, not hot. I assume it may have crashed spectacularly and was still doing something. Eventually after about 8 hours it went cold.

The good news is Apple will likely replace it as it's still under warranty, however the nearest appointment is over a week ago and I can't afford an instant exchange.

Although this might seem like a silly question seeing as it'll likely be replaced, does anyone know of this problem and an interim fix. I'm missing my iPad a lot and seeing as I'm sans a laptop at the moment too, doing everything on my phone us driving me crazy.

2. EDH667 macrumors 6502a

EDH667

I had this happen once. Try another charger and cable if you have it, charge for a full 24 hours and try another DFU restore while plugged in. Worked for me.

3. Twimfy thread starter macrumors 6502a

Twimfy

Thanks will try that.