iPad mini iPad Mini 16GB or 32GB (College Student)

Discussion in 'iPad' started by terrencelim97, May 29, 2013.

1. terrencelim97 macrumors newbie

Hi Friends,

I'm a college student, I need to get an Ipad for my school use and also sometime use it when I'm not home. But I'm wondering if I should get an ipad with 16GB or 32GB, I really want to save money, in order to do that I have to buy a cheaper one like Ipad Mini 16GB. I know i will regret if I realise 16GB isn't sufficient for me, so I need your suggestions for me.

Mainly usages: browsing internet, syncing IPhotos (around 8-10 albums), Pages, Numbers, Keynote, keeping or reading PDF Files, 20songs for music, 5 movies downloaded, 2-3 (High capacity games), social networks (8apps with small capacity), Email, a few magazines or books from IBook and taking pictures (if necessary).

Please give me some suggestions or comments on which Ipad Mini should I get, 16 or 32 GB?, based on my usages mentioned above and as a college student.

Thank You! :)

2. kaielement macrumors 65816

If you don't think your media needs will grow at all go 16gb. But if you are not sure and think it might change go 32gb. At the end of the day only you know how you will use this new iPad.

3. madsci954 macrumors 68030

4. terrencelim97 thread starter macrumors newbie

Worth it to take the risk wit 16GB?

But I've to consider the cost as well, so it's worth to take the risk of getting 16GB ipad mini and save $100bucks ?

5. Stooby Mcdoobie macrumors 6502a

Stooby Mcdoobie

With a little bit of tweaking to your requirements (5 HD movies is going to kill a large chunk of your storage), you should easily be able to get by with the 16GB model - especially if you take advantage of cloud storage; Dropbox, for example, has solid integration across many iOS apps. My younger brother gets by just fine on his 8GB Nexus 7.

6. TyPod macrumors 68000

TyPod

I agree with this. I have a 16GB Mini and it's more than enough for me at school. Sure I could easily fill it up if I put everything on it, but if you sync what you need vs. want you should be more than fine with a 16 giger.

7. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

You need a 32GB iPad Mini. 16GB has no room for all stuff you need to add later on unless you can delete some music, photo, video, and apps. Before you download apps you can check iTunes app store for app size.

8. ike08 macrumors newbie

I think it comes down to convenient. Do you always need to keep your photo albums and movies on your iPad? If you are ok with adding and removing files as needed, then 16GB will be enough.

9. terrencelim97 thread starter macrumors newbie

I need to sync with photos and some movies to my ipad from macbook. But now I'm changing mind to 32 GB ipad mini, because I don't want to regret with my 16GB decision. Is it worth for 32 GB to make a "no" regret decision?

10. Ann P macrumors 68020

I initially got the 16gb but shortly exchanged for the 32gb model. Only had a few shows, pdfs/textbooks (iBooks), games, and it filled up fast. Get the 32GB and don't look back.

11. Internaut macrumors 6502a

If you are constantly to close to very fast internet then 16GB will do. You may have to manage your memory though:

- Only download those movies from Flixter or iTunes you actually need
    - Delete when you don't need them
    - Ditto for your music library
    - Stream where you can
    - Delete applications you find you don't need/use
    - Your documents and presentations in iCloud, unless you need them.

12. ike08 macrumors newbie

If you want to put some movies on your iPad, then you might as well go for 32 GB. 16 GB is doable, but 32 GB will give you the peace of mind in the long run. Also, with 32 GB you can store much more stuff when you are away from your macbook. With lecture notes and books being more digital these days, 32GB is worth it.

13. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I think it's a no-brainer to get a 32 GB, especially considering the number of things you listed as wanting to keep on your iPad. A 16 GB won't fit all that, forcing you to pick and choose. Sure, you can put those things in the cloud and stream, but then you might run out of cloud storage and need to pay for additional storage... In other words, you have to pay for storage one way or another, might as well pay for onboard storage.

The only exception is if you have something else you want with that $100. Like if you have eyes on that cool new whatever, but are short a $100, that you might have if you hadn't spent it on the 32 GB iPad, would you regret that? If there is nothing like that in your life, then don't hesitate, get the 32 GB.

14. pat park macrumors 6502a

16GB is tight. Just the iOS alone can take 1-2GB. Every time I synch with iTunes, the "OTHER" category in my iPad mini is now up to 2.0 GB!

Next time I'm getting the 32 or maybe even consider the 64.