Ipad mini 2 drains quickly

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by wetcanvas, Apr 28, 2015.

1. wetcanvas macrumors regular

I have an ipad mini 2 retina. If all I do is lock it when its at 100% then not use it but let it sit for 1 day the battery drops 15%. Is this normal. After about a week its almost dead even if I didnt use it the entire time. It sucks really to have it discharge so fast. should I have apple look at it or is it normal.

2. Rodster macrumors 68040

It depends. If you have background app refresh, bluetooth enabled as well as email accounts that are set to push for updates including social media apps you could be looking at battery drain you are describing.

3. iLLUMI macrumors 6502

Yep, I find that it drains slighltly faster than say my iPad 2.
    My iPad Mini 2 is running iOS 8.0.2, with all the bells and whistles turned off, BT off, all the background stuff off too and it still drains a bit more than than my iPad 2 but not as bad as 15%. Maybe only 2%.

Thee best thing to check to see what is using battery is the Battery Usage info under General > Settings > Usage
    Home & Lock Screen use a small percentage due to Today/Notifications. I removed as much as I could from the Today tab.
    :)

4. wetcanvas thread starter macrumors regular

Alright thanks guys. Im pretty sure I have bluetooth off and no email setup (in case its stolen someone wont have access to my email without even having to put in a password).

I will look at the today listing.

5. iMi macrumors 6502a

iMi

It does drain faster although you should still get 10 hours of use out of it. On the plus side, iPad Mini 2 charges much faster too. It's at least twice as quick as the iPad 4 that I also have.

6. Rodster macrumors 68040

Brightness settings also plays a big role in battery life.